ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #1
JohnnyBravo_e85
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver BMW z4 2.5 5speed

SoCal Z4s going to BimmerFest 2015?

Hey everyone so Bimmerfest 2015 is coming up so I just wanted to know if anyone in the Southern Califonia area are meeting up to do a Z4 caravan? as i know other models do this and was just curious!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Theirs usually a caravan that takes place at the same time at the same place for the 818 area every year. Doesn't seem to be set up yet but it's a bit early to set one up as well. (Rather set a caravan for M-Fest which is sooner than Bimmerfest )

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...7b7d45d99b0894

This is where they usually meet about an hour and half before the event begins. We can go with this caravan and keep a section just for the Z's
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #3
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

I usually set up a meeting point in the 818 Area and we head out as a group!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
JohnnyBravo_e85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
Theirs usually a caravan that takes place at the same time at the same place for the 818 area every year. Doesn't seem to be set up yet but it's a bit early to set one up as well. (Rather set a caravan for M-Fest which is sooner than Bimmerfest )

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...7b7d45d99b0894

This is where they usually meet about an hour and half before the event begins. We can go with this caravan and keep a section just for the Z's
Thanks for the info! yea i would love to go to MFest but im going to be workin going to be working those days
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
JohnnyBravo_e85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M_LEV View Post
Nice! Will be looking forward rolling out with fellow Z members, this is going to be dope!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #6
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M_LEV View Post
Hey Lev, just a tip, when we're ready to head out to Bimmerfest we should wait on the side of the freeway or something because some people get left behind by the time they get into the freeway and it ends up being a caravan of a bunch of smaller groups rather than one big group. Do I make sense?

The drive is going to be much longer this year and I think it'll be way better if everyone sticks together.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #7
DiXiS 18
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Hey Lev, just a tip, when we're ready to head out to Bimmerfest we should wait on the side of the freeway or something because some people get left behind by the time they get into the freeway and it ends up being a caravan of a bunch of smaller groups rather than one big group. Do I make sense?

The drive is going to be much longer this year and I think it'll be way better if everyone sticks together.
You are saying you want to take an entire caravan and have them pull over on the side of the freeway to wait for the last person? Ya that will end well.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXiS 18
Quote:

You are saying you want to take an entire caravan and have them pull over on the side of the freeway to wait for the last person? Ya that will end well.
Not necessarily park on the side but maybe cruise down until everyone's together. You get my point! Just wanna make this a better experience for all of us.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
JohnnyBravo_e85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not necessarily park on the side but maybe cruise down until everyone's together. You get my point! Just wanna make this a better experience for all of us.
the more the merrier! this is gonna be my first bimmerfest so rolling in a pack would definitely make it a great experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #10
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Not to rain on your parade, but caravans are overrated. They mostly lead to an increased level of testosterone and people driving like dicks. There's no way you are going to be able to stay together in LA traffic

You do NOT want to stop on the side of the freeway (ticketable offence), drive slowly or in any other way draw attention to yourself or your group. Don't occupy more than one or two lanes otherwise you will be viewed as a nuisance by every other driver on the freeway and then you just contribute to the stereotype that BMW drivers are douche bags.

Pick a place to meet near the Speedway (use Google maps), drive normally to the event, trying not to block the rest of the traffic. Bottom line, nobody really cares whether you roll up in a group or not because no one is going to be standing around watching people arrive.

P.S. I organized a Z4 group for Bimmerfest. Once. Not worth the hassle IMHO.

Appreciate 0