ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Ontrack
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MC

Ground Control coil over for Z4M for sale

I am selling a used Ground Control full coil over. Double adjustable in front and single in the rear. Fits E85/86 M series.

All the details are in the Ebay listing. If you are interested please take a look on Ebay as it is easier to sell it thru the Ebay listing. I am offering free shipping! Buy it now price is $1,299. The kit was $2,200 new so this is a great deal. The shocks were dyno'd mid 2012 and still good condition.

Here is the Ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ground-Contr...6e7e9f&vxp=mtr

I did track the car using this kit. It works great on both track and street. Here are the pics:

Name:  gc low small.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  gc up top small.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  132.1 KB
      04-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

How do they ride on street with F500/R600lbs? Any clunk noise/sound with them when installed? Would you recommend 90%/10% Street/Track?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
sabbanick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 SBM M coupe

How much tracK Time did they see before rebuild?

I know you went to mcs triples last year...so jealous.

Definitely interested.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Ontrack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
How do they ride on street with F500/R600lbs? Any clunk noise/sound with them when installed? Would you recommend 90%/10% Street/Track?
You do any ratio you want. They are perfect for track and street. There is a slight clunk noise in the rear, only slight though. So not as quite as stock. But if the front compression is set to 0 for the street then very rideable for the street.
      04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Ontrack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbanick View Post
How much tracK Time did they see before rebuild?

I know you went to mcs triples last year...so jealous.

Definitely interested.
The shocks have never been re-valved. There are several years of events that is why I had them checked last year. I would still recommend re-valving them anyway.
      04-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

For ~$300, while the dampers are off the car, it's the PERFECT time to have them re-valved and rebuilt, even if they don't "need" it IMO.

But after 5+ years and countless track days, my GC kit I got 2nd hand dampers still work pretty well. Well, maybe because the MZ4 Coupe rarely gets driven on street anymore, but they work. I might rebuild them after this year.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Ontrack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
For ~$300, while the dampers are off the car, it's the PERFECT time to have them re-valved and rebuilt, even if they don't "need" it IMO.

But after 5+ years and countless track days, my GC kit I got 2nd hand dampers still work pretty well. Well, maybe because the MZ4 Coupe rarely gets driven on street anymore, but they work. I might rebuild them after this year.
Exactly right! The biggest cost is getting them off the car unless your a DIY guy. I really hope someone scoops these up since they really do work well. I just happened to get a good deal on the MCS 2 way with canisters that I could not pass them up.

For the street the GC give you a low nice look to the car with a much better ride then just a spring change to progressive springs. I originally had H&R springs with stock shocks, which lowered the car but the ride was horrible. If you hit a bump your head hit the roof! The GC cost more than a spring swap but the ride is so much better then the spring swap and the handling is vastly improved compared to stock.