ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Question Travel info and help wanted

Okay...so I have been trying to plan a drive this summer (mid-August) with my son into Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, then into BC, Alberta, and then back to flatland (Saskatchewan).

Any ideas or help on what roads, places to stay, to avoid, etc.

The flags are relative to some of the places I am thinking of stopping overnight, but way open to other suggestions. This will be about a 8-10 day trip and about 1800-1900 miles.

Here is the current travel plan (not set in stone) that I have started to put together. Oh and YES, this trip is meant to enjoy the sites, sounds, geocaching, etc all in the comfort of my Z4.

Southern route I have shown? more northern route, other?

Seeing things such as wildlife, awesome scenery and of course awesome roadways to travel upon.

Also, ideas on some Bed & Breakfasts or other places to stay.... no...we don't plan on tenting... hard enough packing some clothes, cameras, etc for 10 days!

Also, any 'events' that might be in that time frame to attend such as BMW Club gathering, Z4 meet??
Attached Images

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Bump...

Not even one reply???

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

ttt

Hopefully someone will suggest something...leaving in 5 days!

Anyone??

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Sorry buddy, not a part of the US I've travelled yet. Now, if you want to ask about Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, or New Mexico....

But at least this point will bump the thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
FerRrari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Catrinel Menghia

Most of us in WA are West of the mountains, try contacting Nathan from Columbia Valley Luxury Cars he's a great guys and should be familiar with good drives in the area.
'07 IR/SBL ///M Roadster (GONE), '08 Tornado Red Triumph Daytona (GONE), '09 BRG/Cloth 6MT MINI Cooper S (Spontaneously Combusted), '06 IR/IR ///M3 Convertible 6MT (GONE), '04 JB/CR Z4 2.5i SMG (GONE)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Oregon
Got me at Oregon... Might head to Oregon/Washington via Montana, Idaho, and NW part of Wyoming.

Do tell!!

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerRrari View Post
Most of us in WA are West of the mountains, try contacting Nathan from Columbia Valley Luxury Cars he's a great guys and should be familiar with good drives in the area.

Will do...thanks... any info is helpful. I am winging this trip I guess for the most part. The map I posted is a general start....but I am open to chnages...as I have no hotels, places or tours, etc booked.

I do know I am taking the "Road to the Sun" drive through Glacier National Park. other than that.... I am at a whim and a hope to drive some awesome roads, see some great views and enjoy my car while hanging out with my son!!

Appreciate 0