ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs - fairly new

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest

(This is for a 2003-2005 BMW Z4. Not sure about later models. Please check with TireRack.)

I bought an Eibach Pro-Kit spring set around October of last year. They ride about the same as the sport suspension, but are a little smoother (not softer, just smoother).

The wheel gap will be shown in some pictures that I will post shortly, but is about one finger (approximately 1/2" to 5/8"), and does not rub. I even had 20mm wheel spacers, and there was no rubbing.

I bought them for $240, but will sell them for $150 (about half off). I liked them. They are great for looks and performance, but I really wanted some stiff, non-progressive springs and decided to go with a coilover conversion kit, which actually does not lower the car nearly as much unfortunately.

FS: Leather Recaro Pole Position Seats & Hardware

Last edited by nlink720; 02-22-2010 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: pics added
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
dinan19
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2007 335I

ill buy them. i have a 2.5 will they still work?
      04-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
babydevilj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e46 M3. Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
ill buy them. i have a 2.5 will they still work?
yes
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I apologize for not updating the thread, but these have long been sold. They were nice for a smoother ride, and less body roll, but a coilover setup was much closer to my personal taste.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

hi, im interested in buying a new suspension which leaves the car as low as the sport suspension but with smoother ride are you positive they lower the car the same as the sport suspension? which coilover set did you go with
      04-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nemex, The pictures above should indicate that the Eibach kit is slightly lower than the OEM sport kit. Also, while I can confidently state that the Eibach was smoother than OEM sport springs given the same set of shocks, your choice of shocks will be very determinative of the ride quality.

I had Koni Sports with a Ground Control Coilover Conversion Kit, which was better than Eibach by a large margin for performance and customization, but the AST 4100s that I have now are clearly better than anything I have ever driven.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
nemex12
Captain
Rep

ok, and how much do the AST 4100s lower the car? ive been on a quest for not so expensive suspension that lower the car if much the same as the sport suspension but dont want the harsher feeling of the sport one. now im on stock suspension and the car needs to be lowered
      04-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Coilovers are fully adjustable, so you choose your ride height with them. Even more importantly in my view, coilovers permit customization of spring rates as well.

So you want a lower car that is as smooth as stock? This is for appearance, performance, or what exactly?

If just for looks, I would suggest going with the Eibach kit.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
ok, and how much do the AST 4100s lower the car? ive been on a quest for not so expensive suspension that lower the car if much the same as the sport suspension but dont want the harsher feeling of the sport one. now im on stock suspension and the car needs to be lowered
Then AST's are not for you.

If it's just for looks, I'd go with H&R coils, they can be had bet $1000-$1200 depending on vendor/promotion.
      04-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
nemex12
Captain
Rep

primary for appareance, but if i can also improve performance is not like i will be mad thing is i changed from 16 inches wheels to 19 inches so now the car needs to be lowered as i have stock suspension.
the car was already as low as it should be without suffering too much from all the akward built garage doorways and the lot of potholes that are in my city when i had 16s. i think that the sport suspension lowering would be as far as i could go without sacrificing too much(there are many road imperfections so the front bumper keeps suffering from them)but ive heard that sport suspension is too harsh and although my ride improved greatly when i ditched the rfts when i swapped to 19s, i dont want to suffer from the same harsh ride all over again(and if sport suspension is harsher then i cant even start to consider it)
so i want to lower but not more than sport suspension would and dont want a harsher ride, what would be the best way to do so? im very noob on this so id appreciate any help. i thought of using sport package springs on my stock suspension. is it doable? i guess it would lower the car without being too harsh but still dont know if im talking crazy in here :/ thanks for your help bro
      04-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #11
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have my OEM sport springs that I could sell you, but I think you may actually want to go lower than that -- the sport suspension is lower, but the Eibach would serve you better in my opinion. The Eibach is inexpensive.

If you want to be sure that you will have the perfect height, I think Dubbedown's suggestion of the H&R coilover kit would serve you best, but it is several times more expensive than the Eibach kit. If you take a look a some sport Z4s, and think that height would work, I will sell you my OEM sport springs, but I felt that the Eibach was smoother, and just slightly lower. With 19s, the gap will be more obvious, so I think you would need lower than OEM sport height.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
nemex12
Captain
Rep

sorry i meant 18s(107s), how much lower are eibach compared to sport suspension? the pic of your sig looks awesome which setup do you have in there? can you send it to me? looks pretty cool

Last edited by nemex12; 04-06-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0