ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-10-2015, 02:24 AM   #1
TommyBoy01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 3.0i

Need help, pre-facelift Xenon headlights

Hey guys, I've read through posts and haven't found anyone with this issue, I hope you can help, as my car is in pieces and I need it to not be.

I have a 2004 Z4 with Xenon headlights from the factory.

They look like trash so I searched and searched and finally found a rare pair of Pre-facelift xenon headlights with clear hockeysticks. Took 2 years, actually broke down and ordered one from BMW for $900. BMW tech told me there were 9 in stock, they shipped from Germany. Apparently the clear pre-facelift came if you ordered a 'euro-package'

Mind you, this is a pre-facelift, I'm swapping xenon lights with xenon lights. (I assume the same lights one set just has clear hockeysticks) I do this whole process and the new lights are not working... Turn signals work, flash to pass lights work, but the xenon driving lights don't work. It sounds like the leveling motors are working.

Do they need new coding?? No error lights come up in the dash.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 12:11 AM   #2
apbx3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 (3.5i)

did you get headlights to work I bought the 07 headlights and i have 04 z4 with xenon, I hope I don't run into that problem
Appreciate 0