ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-13-2024, 10:07 AM   #1
KnockTsuKow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80

Obd reader for smog test ready in ca

Anyone know how to read these OBD code? I know "INC" needs to change to "OK" to pass smog, but what about "N/A"... does that not apply, or can that eventually change to "OK" after completing the full drive cycle?

So recently I got a faulty code on my e85 Z4 that one of my coils failed, I fixed it and cleared the code and went to CA SMOG inspection and failed. So, now I am paranoid to get this passed and why I bought an OBD reader.

Please help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:03 AM   #2
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

n/a means the car is not equipped with those, so don't worry about those. As you said, as soon as your incompletes are ready, you're good and will pass. If you're in a hurry, look up drive cycles to try to speed up the readiness on those monitors. If you're not in a particular hurry, they'll get ready with regular driving, but it can take a little while. If your registration is coming due, go ahead and pay for it (even if you don't have smog done). That will avoid fees. You can basically take as long as you like to do the smog part, with the only downside being that you are at risk for a ticket with expired registration.
Appreciate 0