ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #1
bananabun
Captain
Rep
Drives: E86 M, E92 M

G29 Z4 Render

Kinda looks like a shrink-ray 4 series to me. I fell in love with the Z4 due to the bold and unique styling, but seems like BMW is going the 'safe' direction with this one. What do you guys think?

http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/05/17/20...t-design-line/
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

I think that this all speculative at this point until the car is revealed, perhaps around September at the Frankfurt car show (according to one article I read). However, the rendering is a bit conservative. Was it based on the plethora of photos available of the car in camo I wonder, using digital techniques to "de-camoflage" the car?

Regardless, BMW needs to hit the bullseye with this car - on performance, looks and price. Use of a soft top, testing on the Nurburgring and against P cars suggests that they are taking performance seriously so there is hope there. On the looks, we'll have to wait and see. The remaining factor affecting sales is price. I'm not so optimistic there - BMW tends to significantly overprice its sports cars. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find that you can get 2 or 3 new Miatas (which have received rave reviews all round for its performance and looks) for the price of one G29 Z4. That will have a very chilling affect on sales volume. If they want these things to sell like hot cakes, they need to make them more readily attainable. But if you premium-price them, people are going to be very darn picky about what they buy. If the G29 doesn't exceed the latest Boxster in performance by a significant margin, folks just won't buy it at a premium price.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #3
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Lol yeah it's all speculative.. last night I took from Birmingham to Chicago 6 cars from Jaguar and range rover, with the white Camo foil all over them for hot climate testing in Arizona. Looking closely at those white foil cars Under the tarps shows that they have added body parts and bits and pieces here and there, makes the vehicle completely different looks wise to what it would actually look like. So all this speculation about what the new Z4 will look like is completely useless. I do however cringe at the mention of a canvas roof, the folding roof of the e89 is sex on a stick.