ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl4U View Post
people who lease have commitment issues

k thanks bye
I thought I was the only one who thought that.
But there are so many cars I wouldn't mind driving, so i have to buy and sell.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #24
valdeztke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Who wants a newer model when you have the perfect car?
Exactly..... because cars dont get better as time passes and technology improves. (Derrr)

Also - how can you compare a person that NEEDS to drive 30,000 miles a year? Every lease I've had I come up short on miles at the end. So for the person that HAS to drive 30,000 miles a year - No $hit a lease isnt for them. Did you just graduate with your Rocket Science Degree yesterday?

Man, people who buy get so offended when people are sitting next to them in the same car with a payment almost 30% less than theres... and in two years that same guy will pull up in the newer version and you'll still be paying on your "old" car.

Sure it will be yours ... but I have to have whats new.

Buying and selling ....is dumb. I'd rather lease and transfer leases - much easier than buying and selling and you don't lose as much.
T: @DCAutoGeek
juan@dcautogeek.com
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #25
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdeztke View Post
Exactly..... because cars dont get better as time passes and technology improves. (Derrr)

Also - how can you compare a person that NEEDS to drive 30,000 miles a year? Every lease I've had I come up short on miles at the end. So for the person that HAS to drive 30,000 miles a year - No $hit a lease isnt for them. Did you just graduate with your Rocket Science Degree yesterday?

Man, people who buy get so offended when people are sitting next to them in the same car with a payment almost 30% less than theres... and in two years that same guy will pull up in the newer version and you'll still be paying on your "old" car.

Buying and selling ....is dumb. I'd rather lease and transfer leases - much easier than buying and selling and you don't lose as much.
I don't like you quoting me and talking about things that I didn't say. Glad you like new pretty things. Don't we all, but I also like enjoying what I have.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #26
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:

No offense guy but you sound like a total tool.... if we re going to go by what youre saying no one would even have classic cars... its called appreciating an amazing machine.... just cause new cars come out doesnt mean the older ones should be tossed out.... those new cars came from some place... as an enthusiast you should know better but i guess youre just in it for bragging rights about how nice and shiny your newwwwwwwwww car is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
I thought I was the only one who thought that.
But there are so many cars I wouldn't mind driving, so i have to buy and sell.
there will always be cars you want to drive but will you give it up your perfect car to do so?

are we still talking about cars?
      10-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #27
Kjazz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 Coupe 3.0si

Lease vs Purchase

Bottomline is that a lease is more expensive. You can argue a number of different ways but it all comes out the same.

ex.

cost $50,000

1. Cash = $50,000

2. Finance = downpayment + monthly plus interest
(your total cost is on the page the dealer has you sign, "Total cost of purchase")

3. Lease = cap reduction + downpayment + monthly + poss mileage

Gas and repairs are the same for all of the above.

In a lease you are simply paying the dealer commission and the depreciation of the vehicle.

Saying you want a new car every few years is fine. You are paying extra for that luxury.

Take the finance guy at your local dealer out for a beer sometime and ask him who makes more at the dealership? Salesman or Finance guy. Ever heard of somebody thinking they got a great deal until they finished with the financing?

Here is another example, GMAC the finance portion of GM, has consistently made more money loaning us the money to buy their cars than GM in the production and sale of the cars. Same for every manufacturer.

Best alternative IMO, buy the vehicle you want 1 year old with under 15,000 miles and pay cash. Let the original buyer take the big hit!

I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery that the dealer wanted $30,000 for with 22,000miles. I found same on Ebay, contacted buyer and got it with 15,000miles for $24,0000

My 2006 Z4 Coupe was $35,000 with 6,000miles the local dealers were asking $39,500 at the lowest for a similiar vehicle. Mine has M seats while there's did not.

I am not trying convert anyone but if you are willing to put some time into it you can save a few dollars for all the hot mods you want to add later.

Me, I am just loving beating on Porsches and others at the track. Hoping I don't ball this beauty up in a turn.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 12:36 AM   #28
dnjgetz
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 xi with prem/sp/cwp

Buying is not necessarily cheaper than leasing. Alot of it has to do with rate you are getting on the money. Edmunds.com has a good calculator that you can enter the terms of your deal, and it will calculate which is the most profitable decision. I have a hard time driving a car for more than 2-3 years. I see something new and shiny, and I begin to covet. By leasing I am forced to atleast remain automonogamous for a good 24 mos, rather than perpetually rolling in massive amounts of negative equity (trust me Ive been there before). The good new is that I get to drive the car I want for alot less money out of pocket inititally. Now if you die hards truly are going to keep your cars for 7-10 years, than yah you keep more dough in your pockets. It is interesting to note however, ZGirl4U, that by buying your Coupe, you are now faced with that big negative equity trap. Do your self a favor and stick with what you got until it is good and paid for. Also to the guy that made the crack about "renting" the car, unless you paid cash and have the title in hand, that car is banks......not yours. The other benefit of leasing is that I don't have to speculate as to resale when it comes time to turn my car over, and don't have to fear getting raped by a bad trade in market. Do you have any idea what this $7500 incentive has done to your resale value?
-Getz

Last edited by dnjgetz; 10-11-2007 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 04:45 AM   #29
nyczyang27
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0si / 328xi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^a++++++++++
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 04:51 AM   #30
valdeztke
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No offense guy but you sound like a total tool.... if we re going to go by what youre saying no one would even have classic cars... its called appreciating an amazing machine.... just cause new cars come out doesnt mean the older ones should be tossed out.... those new cars came from some place... as an enthusiast you should know better but i guess youre just in it for bragging rights about how nice and shiny your newwwwwwwwww car is.

there will always be cars you want to drive but will you give it up your perfect car to do so?

are we still talking about cars?

Well I may sound like a tool but I'm smart enough to not end up so upside down on my car to the point of laughter.

I'll be driving an M Cpe for 475.00 a month w/ only 1,200 out of pocket. Compare that to the 1,100 you'll be paying, but I forgot you'll own yours....in 72 months after paying the bank gobs of interest.

Enjoy
juan@dcautogeek.com
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 04:51 AM   #31
valdeztke
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnjgetz View Post
Buying is not necessarily cheaper than leasing. Alot of it has to do with rate you are getting on the money. Edmunds.com has a good calculator that you can enter the terms of your deal, and it will calculate which is the most profitable decision. I have a hard time driving a car for more than 2-3 years. I see something new and shiny, and I begin to covet. By leasing I am forced to atleast remain automonogamous for a good 24 mos, rather than perpetually rolling in massive amounts of negative equity (trust me Ive been there before). The good new is that I get to drive the car I want for alot less money out of pocket inititally. Now if you die hards truly are going to keep your cars for 7-10 years, than yah you keep more dough in your pockets. It is interesting to note however, ZGirl4U, that by buying your Coupe, you are now faced with that big negative equity trap. Do your self a favor and stick with what you got until it is good and paid for. Also to the guy that made the crack about "renting" the car, unless you paid cash and have the title in hand, that car is banks......not yours. The other benefit of leasing is that I don't have to speculate as to resale when it comes time to turn my car over, and don't have to fear getting raped by a bad trade in market. Do you have any idea what this $7500 incentive has done to your resale value?
-Getz

Very well said
juan@dcautogeek.com
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #32
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Well I may sound like a tool but I'm smart enough to not end up so upside down on my car to the point of laughter.

I'll be driving an M Cpe for 475.00 a month w/ only 1,200 out of pocket. Compare that to the 1,100 you'll be paying, but I forgot you'll own yours....in 72 months after paying the bank gobs of interest.

Enjoy
no my coupe will be paid off in a couple years actually.... and while thats is true regarding our payments, etc... i could get out now but like i said its not worth it... im saving for the m5 now..... and i got 3.9% for 60mos on my z4.... but im accelerating payments..... i went to the dealer... even without my trade... he wouldnt get anywhere near that 475 mark.... 600 with 5k down is all he would do..... so im glad you got a great deal but the ny bmws seem to not give two shts if youre getting good deals... ive been to two this week... so enjoy your new car.... i have nothing to prove... plenty of other people paid invoice for their cars... im not going to kill myself over it
      10-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #33
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

I think if you S/C'd your Z4 Coupe and put a new exhaust and some M bumpers on it, you could have a car as hot as you want and as fast as you want, maybe even faster than you want.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #34
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
I think if you S/C'd your Z4 Coupe and put a new exhaust and some M bumpers on it, you could have a car as hot as you want and as fast as you want, maybe even faster than you want.
hehe... well i kind of have my eyes set on the M5 now so i dunno how far my modding will go... i def need to upgrade the suspension, it handles like crap... def need new tires... exhaust and intake... then maybe the m6 wheels... but thats it... i *think*
      10-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #35
dnjgetz
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 xi with prem/sp/cwp

I drove the M5/M6/E63 AMG/CLS63 AMG with the intent of getting one. I found them all to be rather bloated on the road, so instead got a 335xi and a M Coupe instead. THe straight line performance of the M/AMG cars is magnificent, but leaves something to be desired if you frequent the twisty spots of the road. 4000+ lbs is just plain alot of weight to toss around. Now the new M3, that looks promising.
-Getz
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #36
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
WTF??

I think it all comes down to preferences and how much you drive. You pay more for the lease beacuase you get to trade in for newer vehicles with less of a hit to the bank account. That is the bottom line.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #37
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
hehe... well i kind of have my eyes set on the M5 now so i dunno how far my modding will go... i def need to upgrade the suspension, it handles like crap... def need new tires... exhaust and intake... then maybe the m6 wheels... but thats it... i *think*
The M5 is too big to be much fun. It's not bad to look at tho.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #38
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
people who lease have commitment issues

k thanks bye
Oh boy, here we go.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #39
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnjgetz View Post
-Getz
Owned!

Well said bro!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #40
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjazz View Post
Does everyone Lease?
Hell no. Pay cash only.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #41
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Owned!
      10-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #42
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Hmm.. My parents do not have perfect credit (they are the ones who sign of my car because of insurance reasons) but I went over this with my sales Manager. And since their credit was not that good it cost more to Finance. Actually 4,200 more to finance due to interest rate. My lease worked out like this. 1186 a month for 3 years. I knew I wanted to own this car was it wasnt bad at all. I put 4,500 total out of pocket and after taxes tags and interest the total is 57,426.90. So in 3 years ill just pay the 10K in cash and Ill save 4,200 in interest. The total amount paid after 5 year finance would have been 61,604.22
      10-13-2007, 08:05 PM   #43
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Holy crap...that's a crazy payment for a lease man. My totaly financed amout with interest is 54ish

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #44
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Holy crap...that's a crazy payment for a lease man. My totaly financed amout with interest is 54ish
like i said my rents credit sucks so eaither way the interest was high on the lease but higher on the finance