ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-24-2023, 08:12 PM   #1
todevski
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M COUPE

Z4m oem nav replacement

ihave 2007 Z4M Coupe. Nav system finally died and the flip screen is not working. Found replacement unit but is ridiculous 2.5K to purchase.
Does anyone knows OEM replacement that FIT perfect for Z4M?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 09:30 PM   #2
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

any unit you get your hands on will be long in the tooth...even if new...it is old stock that has been collecting dust...and cost a mint.

more reasonablly priced used units (if you can find one) would still be a ticking time bomb.

no super clean solution i am afraid.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 11:26 AM   #3
Andryuha
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4M '00 Z3M '11 S212

I know that this is an older thread, but there IS a solution. The electric motor and the internals from E83 unit can be used. They are plentiful and cheap. It's a plug and play solution, but you will need to reuse your old plastic surround and the plastic cover on the back of the screen. The plastic gear on the motor is what normally fails as well and there are no replacements that I know of. Mine had a hairline crack. I reinforced it by bonding thin plastic washers to the top and the bottom of the gear. That's the best solution I could come up with.
Appreciate 0