ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

MRR GF7 Wheels Installed

Just had these put on, and I'm incredibly happy with how they look. I was a little hesitant to go with a set of completely black wheels, but I think they work really well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 05:42 PM   #2
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Matches the car well with the other black accents and that fantastic paint lookin good
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #3
E92hopefully
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Non existent

looking great!
what are the specs?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
Digs
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Looks much more menacing with black wheels!
Fitment looks really good as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 10:25 PM   #5
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=yousefnjr;19723690]Matches the car well with the other black accents and that fantastic paint lookin good[/QUOTE

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92hopefully View Post
looking great!
what are the specs?
Front: 18x8 et35
Rear: 18x9 et23

I wanted to keep with 18" wheels (roads suck in Indiana, lots of potholes,) but u wanted to bring the wheel edges out just a little further, so I went with 7mm less offset than stock. I think they are just right now, and when I do a little drop with coilovers, there won't be any risk of running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digs View Post
Looks much more menacing with black wheels!
Fitment looks really good as well.
Thanks! Crazy how much of a difference going to an all black wheel can make.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 10:47 PM   #6
Digs
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

yep that's right, when you drop it a little, neg camber will increase so they will tuck in even more. I was surprised how much my wheels disappeared when I dropped mine. Ive been waiting for you to put a drop on your coupe! Have you decided on a coilover yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 11:59 PM   #7
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digs
yep that's right, when you drop it a little, neg camber will increase so they will tuck in even more. I was surprised how much my wheels disappeared when I dropped mine. Ive been waiting for you to put a drop on your coupe! Have you decided on a coilover yet?
I've been wanting to put a set of coilovers on for a while, but had some other mods I wanted to get done first (namely headers/intake/tune.) If I hadn't been forced to drop a chunk of change to address broken VANOS exhaust hub tabs earlier this year, the coilovers would already be on.

Additionally, I also have a couple of other hobbies/money pits that vie for the attention of surplus income. Photography and my aquarium are both rewarding, but definitely not cheap.

As far as the specific coilovers, I'm fairly certain I'm going with an adjustable set with Swift springs and camber plates made by Status Gruppe Tuning. After the positive experience I had with their headers, as well as tons of awesome reviews from the E46 M3 crowd, I think they'll work out nicely. Here is the link to the set I'm looking at: https://www.statusgruppe.com/collect...s-coilover-kit
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 08:05 AM   #8
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion View Post
Additionally, I also have a couple of other hobbies/money pits that vie for the attention of surplus income. Photography and my aquarium are both rewarding, but definitely not cheap.
No_Dominion, that's cool you do aquariums. Saltwater or fresh? I did a tiny 6.6 gallon cheap bookshelf acrylic/plastic planted tank aquarium as an experiment to see if I would enjoy it. I shut it down, but I plan to do a high end ADA tank at some point.

This video shows a quarter for scale. It was hard to maintain the water parameters in such a small aquarium.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #9
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
No_Dominion, that's cool you do aquariums. Saltwater or fresh? I did a tiny 6.6 gallon cheap bookshelf acrylic/plastic planted tank aquarium as an experiment to see if I would enjoy it. I shut it down, but I plan to do a high end ADA tank at some point.

This video shows a quarter for scale. It was hard to maintain the water parameters in such a small aquarium.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread.

Salty
Right now just a planted freshwater, 72g bowfront. It used to be a dedicated Discus tank, had 6 huge, fully grown adults. Then disaster struck while I was out of town for a couple of weeks, and the tank crashed resulting in their deaths. Right now I have it stocked with a few angels, some South American puffers, red serpae tetras, some skunk loaches, and 3 panther crabs.

Your tank looks awesome, aquascaping like that is always interesting to look at. I can imagine it would be difficult keeping it steady with that small of size, bigger is definitely easier. Except for when one of my two canister filters dies, like happened yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #10
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

A few more pics. Still just from my phone, though. I'll be doing a proper shoot again here soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #11
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Thanks on the aquarium. So sorry your filter died. It was constant work keeping the small one going. Lots of water changes.

Wheels and new tires look nice. I think the Z4M looks equally good on 18s and 19s. Do recall the size of your PSS tires? How much of a drop are you planning?

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #12
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
Thanks on the aquarium. So sorry your filter died. It was constant work keeping the small one going. Lots of water changes.

Wheels and new tires look nice. I think the Z4M looks equally good on 18s and 19s. Do recall the size of your PSS tires? How much of a drop are you planning?

Salty
Yeah, I bet you had to do water changes all the freakin time. Plus testing probably daily. I don't even test my tank anymore, I've had it on the same w/c schedule as soon as my levels stabilized years ago.

I think our cars look better with 19s, but I don't want to go to a lower profile tire with how the roads are here in Indy. I destroyed a set of 19s on a car years back from all the potholes.

I'm running nearly stock size tires, 225/45 front and 265/40 rear. As far as the drop, I don't really want to lower more than 1/2" or so. I want the coilovers more for improved driving than for looks.
Appreciate 0