ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-23-2015, 01:40 AM   #23
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipman View Post
I've had this happen as well. Are we saying that the disc pads are sticking to the disc, or the drum shoes are sticking to the drum portion of the rear brakes?
Both. The drum shoes sticking always freaks me out when they kind of stretch and then brake free with a bang, but its the disc pads that leave the noticeable pad deposit that you can feel through the pedal later.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #24
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Grrrrr. Venting, this happened again. Can't get lazy and not drive the car after washing it. Too painful to get it to free up this morning. Scary when it finally lets go.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #25
kaybat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4MR, '14 Cayman S

Garage List
'06 Z4M  [0.00]
i have CC's and haven't had any sticking problems since installing them.
      10-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #26
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
Grrrrr. Venting, this happened again. Can't get lazy and not drive the car after washing it. Too painful to get it to free up this morning. Scary when it finally lets go.
Were you backing up? I found if I use a little reverse until I feel the tension, then slight forward, then reverse again, the drum brakes don't pop. Might have been a fluke, but worth a shot if it happens again.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #27
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Yes, I was trying to back up (out of the garage). Good idea you have there, could very well "rock" the pad(s) free from the rotor. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #28
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Hyde's Serum

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Does anyone have this issue with their brake pads sticking if parked overnight after washing their car? Only way I know to get around this is to take it for a short spin after the wash. The coupe is the only car that I've ever owned that does this.
http://hydes-serum.com/products/
I've been using this product to significantly reduce rotor rust while washing the Red Roadster....simply spray on rotor after rinsing the rim after cleaning. My black OZ rims would be covered with rust after the first drive until Hyde's Serum. Additionally, I always take a quick spin around the block and apply the brakes marginally while driving this short distance to spin off the water that hides in the rotor cooling fins, etc and then begin drying the paint.