ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-23-2016, 06:53 PM   #23
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

I agree w/ Finnegan. Of all the cars I've owned, none has maintained its fun factor as much as the Z4M. It is also the longest car I've owned and I have zero plans of parting with it. Looking at BMW's lineup now.....I struggle to find something I'd look forward to owning. At the price points they're moving to, I might as well go P-car (not that there is anything wrong w/ that).
      09-23-2016, 09:44 PM   #24
Zyal8r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

Very happy to see that Z4s were not in this video

Why would you want to be associated with such adolescent hooning. Some of those M cars in the video are the very ones that made BMW great by introducing sophisticated road cars with enjoyable driving dynamics, that could also be fun on the track. Does BMW now think we are impressed with adolescent show off drifting and reducing our precious tires to smoke? They think we don't know that it takes minimal skill and can be done with any old rear drive junk. No serious adult would stoop to do this much less in his new M nor would they do it around historic M cars. Anyone that appreciates skillful spirited driving knows that drifting is the slow way to get through a corner. This reminds me of the Yutube videos of guys burning out of the parking lot and spinning into the ditch or tree. So who are they trying to impress ?
Sometimes BMW marketing scares me.
Appreciate 1
Finnegan701.00
      10-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #25
///3dkn
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [8.67]
There's no reason to take this video out of proportion. Theres several other "///M" cars not being showcased in this video. That does not mean BMW sees the E85/86 Z4 M as NOT a true "///M" car.

Come on..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 10:02 AM   #26
wspohn
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

It seems vaguely ironic that I seem to buy cars that the manufacturer isn't all that interested in.

I am a sports car addict and have no interest in, nor time for things like American muscle cars, yet I have owned two Pontiacs, an 88 Fiero GT and an 09 Solstice coupe.

I've always considered BMW to be a producer of sedans and now SUVs, of no interest to me, but they made a couple of atypical cars that I did like, the 507 and the Z4M. So now I own a Z4M coupe at a time when BMW is steering away from ever making a hard core sports car again - the current Z4s are a skim milk version that really don't do anything for me.

Oh well.

PS - I didn't ignore the Z8, it is just that the styling of the nose of that car has always seemed a bit weak to me (no offence to any owners), and like the 507, the pricing has always been a disincentive.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 05:18 PM   #27
FD3S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M

I liked the concept of the video.
Do not worry guys. We have the most beautiful and sexy M ever made.
Appreciate 0