ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #45
CalZ4M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Man, I am bummed. I forgot to enroll in the Elitist Walking Wallet club when I got my M Coupe....
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #46
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Its a pain in the ass that this board seems to be the shitting block for all the asshats out there who just want to post something for the sake of posting something. Seriously, I'm so sick of Dammmmit acting like a spoiled brat and ZGirl making bad decisions and screwing up her car that I shouldn't give a shit about here. But, this board does have that 'friendly' intangible feel that makes me want to try. Also, there really are a number of very, very good threads (especially z4um revival threads, DIYs, copied posts from other sources) for which I am glad this board is here. I learned a lot about the car when deciding to buy it from here, and I've enjoyed some of the posts since. I've even added my own content around stereo installs and little DIYs you can do.

Thanks for the insight, Mr. My Shit Don't Stink

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #47
BZZZE
Evil Clown
Rep
Drives: 2007 MZ4 Roadster

"But, this board does have that 'friendly' intangible feel that makes me want to try."

Well you certainly haven't added to that aspect of the board!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #48
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Fair point Hawkeye, and I've thought about that too. Basically there are 3 Z boards worth anything. maaaaaaybe 4 if you count z4-forum.com.

Its a pain in the ass that this board seems to be the shitting block for all the asshats out there who just want to post something for the sake of posting something. Seriously, I'm so sick of Dammmmit acting like a spoiled brat and ZGirl making bad decisions and screwing up her car that I shouldn't give a shit about here. But, this board does have that 'friendly' intangible feel that makes me want to try. Also, there really are a number of very, very good threads (especially z4um revival threads, DIYs, copied posts from other sources) for which I am glad this board is here. I learned a lot about the car when deciding to buy it from here, and I've enjoyed some of the posts since. I've even added my own content around stereo installs and little DIYs you can do.

Now, if I'm a prospective forum poster and I'm looking around at the boards now to decide which one to join, I sure as hell don't join this one when I see threads like this and "linkin park" on the first page.

There, now I've gone off-topic (no topic) for you.

So I looked through the first 3 pages of posts on this "Zed Off Topic" board and the only thread you made was a Warning Chime Delete Mod, which seems it should have gone in the DIY section in the first place anyway.

If you don't like this forum stay out of it. It seems like all the info you are looking for is in the DIY and Technical sections anyway. Go join Bimmerfest if you like. Personally I don't like sifting through 30 Z3 posts to find one Z4 posts that might or might not be useful.

I also like to posts to make the day go by faster sometimes. There are only so many things I can post about the car before I run out. I contribute when people ask questions and the always get answers within a day. I also like shooting the sh!t with people I don't know and will never meet. Sue me.

oh, and I don't think getting in an accident and putting winter tires on a car are bad decisions and I really don't know how you got that Damnittt is a spoiled brat? I just see that he likes his car... and he should, Black coupes are the sexiest
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #49
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

1. the stick is far too far up my ass to come out. i hate most people.

2. you wanted to see the 'human' side of me, you got it.

3. my shit most definitely does stink.

4. what have i done but spawn more posts, so didn't you win in the end?

if you can't have a sarcastic view of yourself, how can you laugh at others?
ps> its ok, my wife-to-be thinks I'm a huge hypocrite too. you think I don't whine and make bad decisions of my own?

Take life with a grain of salt people.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #50
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i agree this forum is dead. I usually use M3forum.net for useful info on Z4M since we share the same engine and suspension.

I think there should be a technical Z4M section as sometimes i dont visit this site because most things are about Z4s. I try to post Z4M stuff like engine mods, interior and exterior stuff but the MAJORITY of Z4M owners dont reply.

On bimmerfest I love reading plantirons Z4M thread and I vist Bills webspace a lot. (Alot of good info there) But the Z4M guys need to chime in and get into serious modding.

No offense to any people on here that just want to discuss random things. Just make the majority of topics here about Z4s or Z4Ms.

Dammit you seem to be really active but you dont mod ???
Come on guys lets make this forum my homepage
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #51
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

I guess someone forgot their flame suit...

I'll agree with you that on the technical side, this forum isn't as strong as say, a 240sx board, but you also have to look at the demographics. Most of us Z owners are happy with our cars and don't believe that they need major modifications to enjoy.

This forum reflects that. You want to do something to your car, feel free to ask, most of us have the insight and knowledge to help out even if it was experience taught from previously owned cars. If no replies, hey, there's always other resources right? Give Steve Dinan or TC Kline a call. Plenty of knowledgeable people out there. I love to mod my cars, but these days, I just don't have the coin for it. But really, its an M, you got 330hp and one of the best handling cars on the road. What more do you want out of it? Just more bragging power? Or do you plan on campaigning it in the Speed World Challenge one day?

I'd like to think of us as a more mature crowd that have grown out of the uber modding phase and just want to enjoy our cars with the top down or all couped up!

Now back on No Topic.
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #52
MMMazing07
Rep

I guess Im too young as most of the guys on here on my dads age (no offense )

M3forum.net has some really good write ups and info and always has more coming each day. I just want to make this forum like that.

Even the sister board e90post is HUGE and has crap loads of info coming everyday. But i guess im asking too much as the Z4M modding community isnt that big in production numbers(compared to the 335i)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #53
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post

M3forum.net has some really good write ups and info and always has more coming each day. I just want to make this forum like that.

Even the sister board e90post is HUGE and has crap loads of info coming everyday. But i guess im asking too much as the Z4M modding community isnt that big in production numbers(compared to the 335i)
I'm sort of the same as you. I mod my car, but not a lot of modders on this board. I go on past experience and a very tiny wallet. Makes it hard.

The Z4M is not as popular a platform as the E90 and it shows with its aftermarket support.

But I'm still able to learn a lot and do a lot with my car. Look at my mod list in my sig. It ain't short.

~

On a side note, there's always the dumb question that deserves to be met with a dumb answer...
What questions do YOU ask?
(Mindless Rant)
Cuz if its another misunderstood technical question, I can only point you at Wikipedia. BHP and HP are not the same and doesn't mean US cars are detuned from Euro cars. Torque for low end, HP for high end? *shakes head*

Sometimes I don't even want to reply...

MINDLESS BANTER ABOUT NOTHINGNESS!!

GO!
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #54
MMMazing07
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
On a side note, there's always the dumb question that deserves to be met with a dumb answer...

What questions do YOU ask?

(Mindless Rant)
Cuz if its another misunderstood technical question, I can only point you at Wikipedia. BHP and HP are not the same and doesn't mean US cars are detuned from Euro cars. Torque for low end, HP for high end? *shakes head*

Sometimes I don't even want to reply...

MINDLESS BANTER ABOUT NOTHINGNESS!!

GO!
+1

A lot of people just register to ask a quick dumb question . Or just stupid threads all togather. Most of them can be answered by research

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124821
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125135
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124532
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124568
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117032
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #55
CalZ4M
Private
Rep

Now I ramble...

These cars are all relatively new. Its not like we are on a forum about E30s and there are a lot of technical issues, DIYs, maintenance issues, etc to discuss. I agree there are mods to mull over but I can only get excited about those things for so long. I love my Z4M and I like some of the people I have met through this forum, but lets be honest...no one is tearing down the suspension or rebuilding a head on these cars at this point. All of that serious stuff I get into (and I bet some others of you do as well) on the numerous other forums folks have mentioned. If any of you have E30s, E36s and beyond, then you know the technical challenges we face. The thing I like about the Z4M is that I DON'T have to work on it yet. Trust me, I spent my weekend attempting to extract a stub axle from the hub and wheel bearings on my E36. NOT fun. Anyone who has done the job knows what I am talking about. I spent a good portion of last night on the phone with my brother-in-law discussing problems with a driveshaft on his E30.
I guess my point is...I like coming here to relax and make a couple posts about nothing in particular and mingle with fellow Z owners. Isn't that what we are all here for? I bet in a couple years as this platform really starts to age that there will be a lot more technical talk and such, but until then is a little diversion a bad thing?
If people have legitimate technical questions they should post them up and those people with good mechanical knowledge of these cars can answer. I don't mean questions about wheel offsets or sound clips of a Remus exhaust.
OK I am done.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #56
rosierobins2003
Rosie.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 2.8 Auto....

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Not at all sure where this comes from as there are all ages and walks here enjoying each other. And that's a good thing in my opinion.

I believe one person stated his opinion, and its just that...HIS opinion. It certainly appears to not be that of most forum members, though there may be a bit of something we can walk away with to make the forum better.

Tolerance...is the word of the day.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #57
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

We don't have to be talking about built engines here to have a little friendly car chat. For instance, I'm working a project to complete the pinouts for the SMG control unit. Would I discuss that here? Hell no, cause few of you would even care why I would do that and what you can do with that info.

In fact, I have actually gone to m3forum, even tho I don't own an M. Why? Cause they care about information and modifications, and when I say I want help to identify some switched grounds they can point me in the direction of how they found that info for the m3 smg.

It is my belief forums should be a place for information sharing, not chit chat. This is why I keep asking you guys to take your ramblings to the off-topic board.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #58
CalZ4M
Private
Rep

Quote:
We don't have to be talking about built engines here to have a little friendly car chat. For instance, I'm working a project to complete the pinouts for the SMG control unit. Would I discuss that here? Hell no, cause few of you would even care why I would do that and what you can do with that info.

In fact, I have actually gone to m3forum, even tho I don't own an M. Why? Cause they care about information and modifications, and when I say I want help to identify some switched grounds they can point me in the direction of how they found that info for the m3 smg.

It is my belief forums should be a place for information sharing, not chit chat. This is why I keep asking you guys to take your ramblings to the off-topic board.
You win.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #59
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Thanks now Im bored at work for another six hours.
      03-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #60
MMMazing07
Rep

Quote:

exactly.

If i wanted to tear apart the engine I would go on bimmerforums (worst forum ever) But im just talking about SSK kits, Coilovers, exhaust, headers, clutch. Im not looking for mad power. Its just fun to mod the performance because the car just becomes that much more fun.

on a side note the Z4Ms are not relativly new.........4 years now. And the engines has been produced since 2000!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #61
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

To that. If you are going to post that you will put it in the Drivetrain/Engine/whatever it's called modification Forum right? Personally I worked on my civic a lot and I am happy with this car besides a few tweaks, which I have searched and asked and they have been answered.

I appreciated your chime delete. Sorry I didn't mention it. I'll make sure to pat you on the back next time so you can know we are not just here to mess around...

I think the reason this isn't technical is because most of us (myself included) don't know what the hell you mean when you say "complete the pinouts for the SMG control unit". I guess that is why multiple boards survive, they all provide something different, for a different crowd.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #62
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
I can put air in my tires.
      03-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #63
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
exactly.

If i wanted to tear apart the engine I would go on bimmerforums (worst forum ever) But im just talking about SSK kits, Coilovers, exhaust, headers, clutch. Im not looking for mad power. Its just fun to mod the performance because the car just becomes that much more fun.

on a side note the Z4Ms are not relativly new.........4 years now. And the engines has been produced since 2000!!!!
That is another thing. My car is less than a year old so I haven't even thought about modifying it yet and plus only about half of us have Ms to begin with. Most of the people you see chatting here don't have Ms.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #64
karmasabish
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster

s14.net, where i spend alot of time, is one of the most technically superior car boards i've ever seen, alot of experienced M3 owners, engine builders, detail oriented, anally rententive and technologically savvy people. But guess what, E30 M3's have a much larger aftermarket and are owned by those who like to tweak their cars.

now the Z4, and Z4M, not much of an aftermarket, and the average buyer is different. Mods are cost prohibitive as well. Its just hard to find all of the tech info because it simply doesn't exist.

the S54 is so highly tuned that making more power reaches an extremely high dollar per horsepower quotient barring forced induction, which is a huge project and expensive, and simply not on the list of things the average Z4M buyer is thinking about.

So, in absence of technical know how, i say we keep this forum fun in the meantime, and be able to do a little of each. I know Laidback has done alot in terms of delivering more performance knowhow with the scoop, and i'm thankful for that. In fact i might go buy one of them this weekend...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #65
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl4U View Post
I can put air in my tires.
I can put air in my blow up do-erh...

People mod cars here. 1st_Knight was even good enough to post lots of pictures of his Dinan installs.

I initially did reviews of my HID kit and Strong Strut so people can get a good idea of how great some products are.

Now can we get back to no topic? You guys want more technical, there's the technical forum, contribute to it, we still read it. Post what you've learned during your last install or modification.

Don't be a whiner, be a contributor. Team effort, bishes!

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #66
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
BBC had this special on these guys dating dolls... they werent blow up... they were like rubber or something... they cost like thousands of dollars... pretty sick individuals...