ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-21-2023, 08:51 AM   #23
Benjamino4946
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 6spd

domkotlow,

Looks like the site is back up! Unfortunately, the 7581355 3.0i to 3.0si "ECE" tune also throws the same 3 codes. I still believe it is an issue with early 2006 cars as I've mentioned above. The codes are 2DE1, 2DE2, and 2DE3. If you get these codes as well I'm not sure what to tell you. I'll likely end up just paying for a tuner to get rid of the codes, code out the airbag sensor issue, and might as well go custom tune if I've gone this far. I'll update this thread if the other user I mention in my post history is able to share his slightly modified 7623587 file.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 08:20 PM   #24
domkotlow
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

[QUOTE=domkotlow;30683074]Benjamino4946,
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try diving deeper into the INPA / NCSExpert route. If that doesn't work, then I'll try ISTAD & ISTAP. I actually purchased and downloaded ISTA+ from bimmerdiagnostics.com, and some of their utilities will not unzip properly.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 09:41 AM   #25
Benjamino4946
Rep

Quick update, I've reflashed again back to the, originally, non-working 3.0i to si 7623588 file on the bimmerlabs and it again didn't work. When I went back to the 7581355 3.0i to si ECE file, no MIL! To confirm, I've been driving it for a few days and have probably gone 100 miles and still no MIL. What's curious is the exact same codes still show up in INPA, but all the sudden, the line that usually says "This will cause the MIL light to illuminate" instead says the opposite. It says "This will not cause the MIL...".
I'm not sure what to make of this, I am using a genuine cable and have pulled the battery numerous times to ensure it isn't a fluke. It doesn't feel quite as fast on the ECE tune file if I'm honest, but it is utilizing the DISA valves according to live data on INPA.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 10:36 AM   #26
domkotlow
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamino4946 View Post
Quick update, I've reflashed again back to the, originally, non-working 3.0i to si 7623588 file on the bimmerlabs and it again didn't work. When I went back to the 7581355 3.0i to si ECE file, no MIL! To confirm, I've been driving it for a few days and have probably gone 100 miles and still no MIL. What's curious is the exact same codes still show up in INPA, but all the sudden, the line that usually says "This will cause the MIL light to illuminate" instead says the opposite. It says "This will not cause the MIL...".
I'm not sure what to make of this, I am using a genuine cable and have pulled the battery numerous times to ensure it isn't a fluke. It doesn't feel quite as fast on the ECE tune file if I'm honest, but it is utilizing the DISA valves according to live data on INPA.
That's very promising!!! Hope to try this today. Thankyou for responding back to the forum!!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 08:31 AM   #27
domkotlow
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domkotlow View Post
That's very promising!!! Hope to try this today. Thankyou for responding back to the forum!!
So I also used the 7581355 3.0i to 3.0si tune a couple of days ago...no MIL after 80 miles!! Did not notice any performance degradation from the standard 3.0i to 3.0si tune which typically would have generated a MIL after 10 to 20 miles. INPA shows the same 2DE1, 2, and 3 codes but just as you mentioned, 2DE1 error now says it will not cause the MIL.

Thanks so much for guiding me in the right direction!!!! I have struggled with this issue for a couple of months.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 07:34 AM   #28
Benjamino4946
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domkotlow View Post
So I also used the 7581355 3.0i to 3.0si tune a couple of days ago...no MIL after 80 miles!! Did not notice any performance degradation from the standard 3.0i to 3.0si tune which typically would have generated a MIL after 10 to 20 miles. INPA shows the same 2DE1, 2, and 3 codes but just as you mentioned, 2DE1 error now says it will not cause the MIL.

Thanks so much for guiding me in the right direction!!!! I have struggled with this issue for a couple of months.
No Problem! Glad to help. I hope someone is able to explain why this works for us. I noticed maybe a slight difference in performance between the two available tunes, but hopefully there isn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 04:53 PM   #29
jondavidschober
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 E85

Hi Benjamino4946 ! I was wondering if you also ran into an issue where the automatic wiper blades would no longer work. That plus the MIL is the issue I'm running into and I can't seem to find anyone with a solution. I'll try out the ECE firmware at somepoint and see if that works. I wonder if the ECE is just set to not throw a MIL. I see this in the bimmerlabs notes

*NOTE: There may be issues with OBD requirements and emissions testing.
Appreciate 0