ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Car is in for service & panel repair/wheel refurb.

So I took my ///M in for a service and inspection that is 30k kms overdue. So the list is big and not exhaustive.

1 Inspection 2/1
2 valve adjustment/new plugs
3 engine/gearbox/diff oil change
4 belts replacement
5 all 4 wheels refurb
6 3 panel right side of car paint less dent removal.
7 left front guard dent fix/repaint.
8 Proffesional detail/colour fix/wax
9 fittment of new exhaust : D

Hopefully this all will be sorted in 6 days. Can't wait!!! : D

Last edited by Vanne; 05-11-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

I just picked it up..... AWESOME!!!
Dings fixed, rims redone, new exhaust hung and the list goes on..

2000 US well spent...
      05-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

This post needs a photo!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

That sounds like an awful lot of work from the dealer for 2k! Well done.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Thanks, yeah the workshop said that even though its got high miles, it's one of the best z4m examples they have seen. (There were quite a few Z4 roadies there when I went to pick her up, also a black m coupe) the valve adjustment was all within spec, very happy about that. The ding work is amazing, never had paint less ding removal done before and I am seriously impressed.

Rims look new as does the front panel and the paint match is spit on (I checked in different light conditions too and I can't spot that's its been repainted)

Ok, I'll take a few pics tomorrow of the paint and ding fixed, dark now.

And

Exhaust sounds awesome.... : D
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep

Turned out great. Definitely a great deal at $2k. Now, I must make mention that the Jeep in the photo is siiiiick! Love it.

I also need to get paintless dent removal of a few on the doors. Do they disassemble the panels to remove the dent or is it all done with everything as is? I know very little about the process.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
I also need to get paintless dent removal of a few on the doors. Do they disassemble the panels to remove the dent or is it all done with everything as is? I know very little about the process.
A couple of years ago our local BMW CCA Chapter had a joint Tech Session together with the local PCA chapter at Bumper Doc, a local paintless dent repair place that also does collision work, tinting, detailing and other automotive services.

They picked two cars from the members that showed up and demonstrated their techniques on both of them. One was a newer BMW, a 5 Series IIRC, and the other was an older air-cooled Porsche 911. They said that German cars already have access to many areas with existing body panel plugs, so for most door and side fender panels there's no drilling required.

They insert various length rods with various kinds of tips through the access holes and with the proper leverage and a series of strokes they literally progressively press the dent back out. They use mirrors and lights to give themselves the best possible view and even everything out so that you wouldn't even know the dent was there.

The BMW was easier than the Porsche because of the age and thickness of the metal and the available access on the Porsche. The BMW took only 15-20 minutes to fix three door dings but the Porsche's dent was in the front fender and took a lot more time.

I've had PDR done by Bumper Doc on previous cars and they did a great job. It was really impressive to see them actually do it and watch the dents disappear right in front of your eyes. Just make sure that you find a place that has lots of positive reviews on Yelp or similar. Sometimes LivingSocial, Groupon, or Google Offers have discounts available.

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep

^ Excellent information! I will look around on Yelp and get some leads. Thanks so much.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #9
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Heh I just noticed that they forgot to stick on the M emblem on the side, luckily I found it in the boot.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe VRS Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
Turned out great. Definitely a great deal at $2k. Now, I must make mention that the Jeep in the photo is siiiiick! Love it.

You would really see lots of sick heavily modified Jeep Wranglers in our region
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

OT:

Yeah love the jeep too, completely different beast, but awesome too. This one has been completed by Jeep Dubai and AEV.
/OT. Lol

Just love the coupe, in regards to the paintless dent repair, I thought yeah sure (when the guy was telling me that I wouldn't even be able to see where the ding was) but it will be at least better than it is now and if now, I'll just get the whole side repainted... Man, I was shocked... 100% fixed.. Just wow.. Unbelievable... Definitially no need to paint.. As long as the paint is broken. Oh and the major dent I had on that side was right in the wheel arch, so I was counting on a repaint fer sure..
So impressed, yeah, just wow!