ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

z4 wheel test fit in NJ

anyone in NJ/NY/PA interested in letting me test-fit their wheels on my 135i? the widths/offsets are good, but i'm unsure about caliper clearance. should be pretty quick... just need to jack up one side of the car, put on a front and a rear wheel, give them a spin to see if they clear the caliper, and take 'em back off. i'm most interested in style 107 and 108:

style 107:

style 108:

thanks,
Alex
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes View Post
anyone in NJ/NY/PA interested in letting me test-fit their wheels on my 135i? the widths/offsets are good, but i'm unsure about caliper clearance. should be pretty quick... just need to jack up one side of the car, put on a front and a rear wheel, give them a spin to see if they clear the caliper, and take 'em back off. i'm most interested in style 107 and 108:

style 107:

style 108:

thanks,
Alex

would you consider a style 197? currently have those on (taken off a new 328 with sport package) but looking to go back to my stockers. they're in fairly good condition. mounted on michelin ps2 with half tread. looking to sell cheap ($1000 for everything), comes with tpms
      03-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

thanks for the offer, but those have more aggressive offsets, and wont fit. i'm just looking to test-fit for now. i'll consider buying 107 or 108 if they do fit, but it doesnt look like anyone's even tried fitting them yet, so i'm unsure about the caliper clearance... 135i calipers take up a ton of space behind the wheel.

Last edited by fourtailpipes; 03-30-2009 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

so does anyone in the area have these wheels that they'd be willing to let me test fit? i'll bring all the necessary tools (jack & wrench) and a 6-pack of your choice. you dont have to be looking to sell... at this point i'm just trying to determine if they'll even fit. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i don't need to drive my car with your wheels on it either... just need to mount them to my hubs to see if they clear the brakes, so if you have either of these wheels without tires mounted, that works too.
Appreciate 0