ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrodog View Post
Well if that's your definition of "crooked" then yeah, most all cops are crooked everywhere.
Really ? cause' that has not been my experience in several other states. This clown was perpetuating a class of power mongers to follow in hi misguided footsteps. An ass if you will.....at all points.

I find the majority of cops to be doing their job right. I have a high exposure to them in my job weekly. But then again I speed each time my car moves forward.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
Lark
Gone but not forgotten
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Dinan S3/'13 BoxsterS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
I was pulled over. Then later witnessed/listened to, the same cop school 3 more uniformed motorcycle cops the most fun way to nail unsuspecting drivers and be clean to fine them.....all just in earshot of my hotel room. Odd coincidence I thought.
Seriously, "crooked" because they are figuring out how to make "clean" tickets. I hate getting a ticket as much as the next guy, but that is a long way from crooked. Now if they were discussing how to extract money from an unsuspecting driver to get out of a ticket, that's crooked. But that is not what you describe. Does Houston have a bad cop or two and has it has a scandal or two? Sure, when you have approx. 5400 cops in HPD alone (not counting Sheriff's dept, other municipalities, etc), you are going to have some bad apples. But my impression from 55 years living here is that generally Houston has a good police department. May be a bit of a homey here, but I just couldn't let this one go by. There is a reason a million people moved to Houston in the last decade and another 1.6 million are projected to move here in the next 20 years. It's got a lot going for it. (Although I am admittedly not too excited thinking about that population growth, I suspect I will have retired and move somewhere less populated by then.)
2009 335i/Coupe/Dinan S3
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #25
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark View Post
Seriously, "crooked" because they are figuring out how to make "clean" tickets. I hate getting a ticket as much as the next guy, but that is a long way from crooked. Now if they were discussing how to extract money from an unsuspecting driver to get out of a ticket, that's crooked. But that is not what you describe. Does Houston have a bad cop or two and has it has a scandal or two? Sure, when you have approx. 5400 cops in HPD alone (not counting Sheriff's dept, other municipalities, etc), you are going to have some bad apples. But my impression from 55 years living here is that generally Houston has a good police department. May be a bit of a homey here, but I just couldn't let this one go by. There is a reason a million people moved to Houston in the last decade and another 1.6 million are projected to move here in the next 20 years. It's got a lot going for it. (Although I am admittedly not too excited thinking about that population growth, I suspect I will have retired and move somewhere less populated by then.)
I understand where your coming from given the small amount of detail I posted. Believe me when i say, if you'd overheard the whole conversation live as I did....your opinion of what he was teaching was ANYTHING but law abiding and aiming to do things right or upstanding. He was indeed riding a power-mongers high. Do doubt about it. He was teaching a ticket given to bicycle (not speeding or actually breaking any laws)-will stand up if he say's so...basically.

Cost of living and jobs.....probably the big two draw I'd suspect ?

I was covering Dallas,Houston,San Antonio,Katy and about 25+ other towns/city's. Took about 30 days to deal with my business there. There were certainly some nice areas.

If you took my comments offensively, my apologies.....I've witnessed worse behavior in law enforcement in other cities. I had just never been so up close to the misguided teachings like that....it stuck in my mind when I thought of Houston.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
jair_onsa
jairon2
Rep
Drives: vt1-445 z4 MC- 14 335i M Sport

Is anyone planning a meeting in san antonio? (given that this thread went off topic already ) If not we should plan one now that i see there's a couple of you close by
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #27
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

I'm way up in Dallas but I'll be sure to look you guys up if I get down that way.
Appreciate 0