ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-25-2016, 01:38 AM   #1849
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4
Started with the coupe now in an M Coupe
That's an interesting move! Impressions?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 01:39 AM   #1850
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieV1
I just want to say hi to all the Z4 owners out there. I just acquired on impulse a 2007 interlagos Z4MR 2 days ago and so far the grin on my face keeps getting bigger She's not perfect body wise ( small dent on the right fender, scratches on the bumper and hood ) but the engine is quiet and healthy. I live in sunny NorCal and if any of you folks are in the area, I'm down for some meet and greet. I grew up working on datsun 510s and my previous car was a 2004 R32 but this is by far the most fun car I've ever driven!

Cheers
WillieV
Where in Norcal? (I'm east of Sac.)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 07:13 AM   #1851
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieV1 View Post
I just want to say hi to all the Z4 owners out there. I just acquired on impulse a 2007 interlagos Z4MR 2 days ago and so far the grin on my face keeps getting bigger She's not perfect body wise ( small dent on the right fender, scratches on the bumper and hood ) but the engine is quiet and healthy. I live in sunny NorCal and if any of you folks are in the area, I'm down for some meet and greet. I grew up working on datsun 510s and my previous car was a 2004 R32 but this is by far the most fun car I've ever driven!

Cheers
WillieV
Willie,

Welcome to the Interlagos roadster club. Since these cars sit so low, a lot of us have to have our bumpers resprayed periodically for rock chips, fang scrapes, etc. This product really works well for smaller scratches and rock chips. As you know, Interlagos is metallic, so it's a little harder to get a perfect match, but it still works well. If the scratches are just in the clear coat, those can be buffed out easily. I plan to have my front bumper and side skirts resprayed at some point.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #1852
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
I plan to have my front bumper and side skirts resprayed at some point.
Salty
I have the same plan...for over 6 years...and counting. Still haven't gotten around to doing it - talk about procrastinating Although, I did do some touch up with the Dr. Colorchip kit a couple of months ago, so the respray procrastination may linger on for a while
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #1853
WillieV1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Interlagos Z4M roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I live in Pacifica by the coast.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #1854
WillieV1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Interlagos Z4M roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
Willie,

Welcome to the Interlagos roadster club. Since these cars sit so low, a lot of us have to have our bumpers resprayed periodically for rock chips, fang scrapes, etc. This product really works well for smaller scratches and rock chips. As you know, Interlagos is metallic, so it's a little harder to get a perfect match, but it still works well. If the scratches are just in the clear coat, those can be buffed out easily. I plan to have my front bumper and side skirts resprayed at some point.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

Salty
Thanks Salty, I will definitely get some of that stuff!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 11:27 PM   #1855
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan
Quote:
The z4 coupe was amazing, loved everything about it but sold it a few years ago with almost 130k on it. Wish I didn't sell it The coupe was fantastic and really rare 6spd, dream red interior and fully loaded.I had the m roadster for a year but as much as I loved the motor and m everything I knew I wouldn't be completely happy without a coupe. The m coupe is perfect, simple as that
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2016, 03:30 AM   #1856
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieV1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I live in Pacifica by the coast.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 03:31 AM   #1857
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan
Quote:
The z4 coupe was amazing, loved everything about it but sold it a few years ago with almost 130k on it. Wish I didn't sell it The coupe was fantastic and really rare 6spd, dream red interior and fully loaded.I had the m roadster for a year but as much as I loved the motor and m everything I knew I wouldn't be completely happy without a coupe. The m coupe is perfect, simple as that
I see!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #1858
d30si
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 3.0 si

hello everyone i just wanted to introduce my self the name is danni and i have one 3.0 X5 two 330I and 3 weeks ago i just bought this bone stock 2006 z4 3.0SI. and im planning to lower it little bit. i want to ask you guys what is the best lowering springs i will buy?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #1859
gregp553
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

New here and checking in. Previously owned a '95 M3 and restored a $750 1976 BMW 2002. Both cars were just plain fun. Recently bought the "ugly duckling" Z4MC. Not because the car is ugly, it's actually a good looking car. But it's had multiple owners and a (OE) quarter panel replaced by a top-notch BMW shop after a parking lot run-in with an F150. Paint work was flawless. None of these things scared me off because the car is solid and I plan to drive it, not store it. And the price was right. It has 78k miles and I did front pads and rotors and a 4-wheel alignment when I got it. Love it. I sanded down the headlight lenses and they look perfect now. Front fascia has 78k miles of minor stone chips so a repaint on it will come. The only issue I know of is the high beams not staying on for more than a second or two. Appreciate the tech tips on this site. Sorry for the monster photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 06:13 PM   #1860
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregp553
New here and checking in. Previously owned a '95 M3 and restored a $750 1976 BMW 2002. Both cars were just plain fun. Recently bought the "ugly duckling" Z4MC. Not because the car is ugly, it's actually a good looking car. But it's had multiple owners and a (OE) quarter panel replaced by a top-notch BMW shop after a parking lot run-in with an F150. Paint work was flawless. None of these things scared me off because the car is solid and I plan to drive it, not store it. And the price was right. It has 78k miles and I did front pads and rotors and a 4-wheel alignment when I got it. Love it. I sanded down the headlight lenses and they look perfect now. Front fascia has 78k miles of minor stone chips so a repaint on it will come. The only issue I know of is the high beams not staying on for more than a second or two. Appreciate the tech tips on this site. Sorry for the monster photos.
Nice! Glad to see another Michigan member!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #1861
MyZ4Coupe
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Saying hi

Hi everyone,

Have been lurking for a while during my search for the right car. I ended up finding it almost by chance a few weeks ago... only problem was it was half way across the country

I flew out to BC last week and drove it home NW Ontario.

It's a 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe in Jet Black with black leather interior and has the 6 speed manual transmission. I absolutely love it! I rented a Z4 roadster in Vegas a few years ago so I knew it was the car for me but I love the looks of the coupe... I didn't think I would be able to find one at a price I could afford though.

It's pretty much stock with the exception of a Magnaflow exhaust and the stubby antenna. It has 185,000 km's on it but it is in beautiful shape. The previous owner took very good care of it. No plans other than an oil change and driving it a lot. It does need paint correction as there are a lot of micro scratches in the clear that you can see when you get up really close (assuming from washing it)

Here are a couple of pictures from the trip home (2200km's with a ferry ride in three days!)

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #1862
Larry Z4
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4

Hello Group,
My name is Larry and I recently traded a 1970 Chevy C-10 pickup truck for a 2003 BMW Z4 2.5. it is a pretty basic car and my initial idea was to sell it and buy something more suited to my taste. Prior to the pickup truck, I had a 2000 Porsche 996 C4. I sold it because I will be retiring in a couple of years and moving south of the border. Wife says you don't want to take your Porsche to Mexico so sell it and get a pickup truck. Well, I sold it and bought an older pickup truck as a fun project. I am not a mechanic and as I wind down my business, I have less money to spend. I started to drive this lil Z-4 and I really like it. Yes, it's an auto, but it still gets up and moves when I jump on the throttle I have decided to keep it. It has 17" wheels which I will get rid of and put some staggered wheels with 19s in the rear and 18s in the front. Upgrade the suspension and maybe the exhaust. I think it is going to be fun fun fun. I'm very excited about this car
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      07-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #1863
Exist
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-nwo View Post

It's pretty much stock with the exception of a Magnaflow exhaust and the stubby antenna.

Hey Greg, I've been looking at getting a magnaflow exhaust, but I was afraid of fitment, could you post a picture of the under body? I'd like to see how they installed it.

Thanks and welcome!
      07-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #1864
SooperGook
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4M

new here. second z4 i've had:
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #1865
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Z4 View Post
I have decided to keep it. It has 17" wheels which I will get rid of and put some staggered wheels with 19s in the rear and 18s in the front.
This is NOT a car you want to put different wheel sizes on (18 and 19), but you can go staggered widths.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #1866
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-nwo View Post
Hi everyone,

Have been lurking for a while during my search for the right car. I ended up finding it almost by chance a few weeks ago... only problem was it was half way across the country

It's a 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe in Jet Black with black leather interior and has the 6 speed manual transmission. I absolutely love it! I rented a Z4 roadster in Vegas a few years ago so I knew it was the car for me but I love the looks of the coupe... I didn't think I would be able to find one at a price I could afford though.

It's pretty much stock with the exception of a Magnaflow exhaust and the stubby antenna. It has 185,000 km's on it but it is in beautiful shape. The previous owner took very good care of it. No plans other than an oil change and driving it a lot. It does need paint correction as there are a lot of micro scratches in the clear that you can see when you get up really close (assuming from washing it)

Here are a couple of pictures from the trip home (2200km's with a ferry ride in three days!)

I see that one myself...considered buying it but thoght it was a bit too far away from Saskatchewan...LOL...I guess you thought different. Congrats on the purchase.

BTW...there are a few good local Ontario Z clubs, plus of course ZSCCA.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #1867
MyZ4Coupe
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist View Post
Hey Greg, I've been looking at getting a magnaflow exhaust, but I was afraid of fitment, could you post a picture of the under body? I'd like to see how they installed it.

Thanks and welcome!
Will see what I can do!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #1868
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregp553 View Post
Dude, never seen a M Coupe in Michigan, heck I have only seen 3 other z's other than my Z4MR of course. Where are you located? Canton here

This one is mine

Last edited by ricanbandit; 07-16-2016 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 01:18 AM   #1869
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-nwo
Hi everyone,

Nice find!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #1870
gregp553
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
Dude, never seen a M Coupe in Michigan, heck I have only seen 3 other z's other than my Z4MR of course. Where are you located? Canton here

This one is mine
Nice! The wheels look great. I'm in Commerce Twp. When I had my '76 BMW 2002 a few years ago I was about the only one in a BMW on Woodward during the Cruise. It's mostly Detroit iron in these parts.
Appreciate 0