ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

....ARQRAY ;)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
So I've decided to finally put my beloved Arqray cans up for sale.

This is a relatively tame exhaust that gives you a nice deep grumble. I chose these because I lived at my parent's house last year while working nearby and could NOT have a very obnoxious set up. As many of you may have seen, I did essentially straight (no cat) header back to my arqray cans and the sound was extremely civilized at idle and putzing around town until you get on the throttle...at which point the Z goes into mode. I'm parting with these because I'm reserving the M mostly for the track and nice sunny days. I'll be putting more miles on my audi.

I would recommend this muffler for those who want a conservative sound with all else OEM...or for those who want to remove cats and do some x-pipe or section 1 mods because it will keep the overall sound very clean and civilized in lower RPM range. When you mod other exhaust components with the Arqray muffler mated, it kind of gives you the best of both worlds - by allowing you to sound civil when you want and racey (crisp) when you choose also. It hones down on the rasp and I had almost no drone on my setup. I get a little drone going up hills at 2-3k rpm but none on the highway.

For those of you that considered RPI because you want that out of the box loud exhaust note, I don't think this is a good component for your setup. It's only slightly deeper and louder than OEM cans, all else OEM. What's great about them, though, is it cleans everything up when you start to mod other components.

The cans themselves are gorgeous, though larger than most cans I think.

These retail for $2,250. I got them for slightly less 2 December's ago on a holiday special. I think given their rarity and commanding price tag, 1500 is fair.

I'm located in Greensboro, NC, though I travel to my parent's home in Allentown, PA often. If someone is somewhat local to either and wants to meet for a deal, then you can let me know in advance so we can arrange accordingly. Apart from that, I'm willing to ship these with shipping $ added.

Any questions, please ask...I'll monitor the thread often.

I will post recent pics of the cans off the car on Friday when I get a chance to clean them.

Here is the progression of my exhaust note with components listed.

Only Arqray

Fabspeed/RE x-pipe/Arqray

Fabspeed/Custom Section 1 cat delete/RE x-pipe/Arqray

If memory serves, _MM and Mtxzptlk are first and second in line per their request in my RPI WTB thread.

Cheers.

Last edited by zubydafa; 03-11-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Picked up KKS, Sadly I'm out of the Arqray sweepstakes. =(
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
Picked up KKS, Sadly I'm out of the Arqray sweepstakes. =(
No worries, I hope you enjoy them!

Post pics/vids when you can. I'm interested to hear more from KKS.
      03-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
kuzum44
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Z4m arq

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa
So I've decided to finally put my beloved Arqray cans up for sale.

This is a relatively tame exhaust that gives you a nice deep grumble. I chose these because I lived at my parent's house last year while working nearby and could NOT have a very obnoxious set up. As many of you may have seen, I did essentially straight (no cat) header back to my arqray cans and the sound was extremely civilized at idle and putzing around town until you get on the throttle...at which point the Z goes into mode. I'm parting with these because I'm reserving the M mostly for the track and nice sunny days. I'll be putting more miles on my audi.

I would recommend this muffler for those who want a conservative sound with all else OEM...or for those who want to remove cats and do some x-pipe or section 1 mods because it will keep the overall sound very clean and civilized in lower RPM range. When you mod other exhaust components with the Arqray muffler mated, it kind of gives you the best of both worlds - by allowing you to sound civil when you want and racey (crisp) when you choose also. It hones down on the rasp and I had almost no drone on my setup. I get a little drone going up hills at 2-3k rpm but none on the highway.

For those of you that considered RPI because you want that out of the box loud exhaust note, I don't think this is a good component for your setup. It's only slightly deeper and louder than OEM cans, all else OEM. What's great about them, though, is it cleans everything up when you start to mod other components.

The cans themselves are gorgeous, though larger than most cans I think.

These retail for $2,250. I got them for slightly less 2 December's ago on a holiday special. I think given their rarity and commanding price tag, 1500 is fair.

I'm located in Greensboro, NC, though I travel to my parent's home in Allentown, PA often. If someone is somewhat local to either and wants to meet for a deal, then you can let me know in advance so we can arrange accordingly. Apart from that, I'm willing to ship these with shipping $ added.

Any questions, please ask...I'll monitor the thread often.

I will post recent pics of the cans off the car on Friday when I get a chance to clean them.

Here is the progression of my exhaust note with components listed.

Only Arqray

Fabspeed/RE x-pipe/Arqray

Fabspeed/Custom Section 1 cat delete/RE x-pipe/Arqray

If memory serves, _MM and Mtxzptlk are first and second in line per their request in my RPI WTB thread.

Cheers.
you sell it along with the x-pipe? and the first video is no x-pipe or? the third and fourth with x-pipe or? and the last without cat? but with x-pipe? is that right? what is your last price to Germany? Stuttgart?
      03-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzum44 View Post
you sell it along with the x-pipe? and the first video is no x-pipe or? the third and fourth with x-pipe or? and the last without cat? but with x-pipe? is that right? what is your last price to Germany? Stuttgart?
i think what you're asking is..

actually i'm not sure what you're asking.

i posted the progression of my exhaust and highlighted the components installed in each of the vids. i'm only selling the arqray cans. the common theme for each of the videos is the arqray exhaust installed. the videos will give you an idea of what your exhaust could sound like in different configurations - be it: just arqray, or with x-pipe, or with headers, or with a custom section 1.

i hope that cleared that up for you.

i will get a price PM'ed to you Saturday afternoon EST for price shipped to stuttgart, germany. cheers.
      03-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
tdz
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

Still for sale?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdz View Post
Still for sale?
Still for sale.

Some PM's back and forth but no bites yet.
      03-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #8
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

lowered 1400 + le shipping
      03-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

pressure washed and cleaned. i'll shine them up a bit before sending them out to the new owner.

03-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
phuzz
Registered
Rep
Drives: None

Nice sound...GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #11
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

fellas,

not much info on these because basically nobody has them.

i am very glad that i purchased these, without there being ANY feedback on them when i was exhaust hunting. i hope my YouTube vids capture the distinct note these cans produce...not s54 like at all (in my honest opinion)..in that it's deeper and crisper sans the expected rasp.

quality cans that are often (actually always) overlooked bc of their rarity.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

I want these, but at almost double the price of RPi and close to what SS costs, I can see why people might hesitate.

I think they sound great. GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep

Sucks there aren't many other Arqray owners to promote the quality of these cans.

Hopefully the new owner will be able to document his impressions.

You'll be happy with them tdz! Enjoy.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Awesome pick up for the buyer!
Appreciate 0