ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
boydgti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4m

z3 m coupe prices

How much are the z3 m coupe with low miles going for these days and are they very hard to find. A friend of mine at work was intertesed in 1 thaxs Boyd
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
IWantAnE92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

http://listings.mcoupebuyersguide.com/

I'm still looking for one for my gf!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
boydgti
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thaxs great site.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Wow. That laguna seca blue one is hot.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

awesome site...we need one of those

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
Z3Z4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Wow, prices for the Z3MC sure have gone up since i sold mine 2 years ago.
      07-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3Z4MC View Post
Wow, prices for the Z3MC sure have gone up since i sold mine 2 years ago.
you don't update your sig often do you? :P

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
Z3Z4MC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
you don't update your sig often do you? :P
lol. Hopefully soon.
      07-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
boydgti
First Lieutenant
Rep

So how did u like the z3m versus z4m
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Z3Z4MC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydgti View Post
So how did u like the z3m versus z4m
Here is a comparison i post in Eccentric thread about a month ago:

"I was lucky enough to test drive both the S52 & S54 Z3MC before purchasing the S52 (mainly due to the lower price). Honestly, from 0-80mph, you really can't tell the difference between the S52 and S54. If you plan to tap that 100+mph often, then maybe you want to hold out for an S54.

The stock suspension on the Z3MC is laughable. My Odyssey minivan handles better. These car requires at minimum a full suspension upgrade and good tires, in order to really enjoy the car. I upgraded it with H&R coilovers, and a set of good tires. The car definitely drive better with those mods. Is it fast?...well, I would label it more as quick. Also, as with any car, once you get used to the power, they will eventually feel slow.

The car is a bit scary and fun to drive on wet road. The rear end can come alive very quickly. If you are not paying attention you can easily loose control of the car.

Also, the rear subframe issue was always in the back of my mind, so i really never truly enjoy the car to it fullest potential. Always worry about separating the rear subframe from hard driving. There is a fix, but it's not cheap...will run you about $2000-$4000 depend on how much of the work you wish to tackle yourself.

The Z3MC is as raw of a car as they come. I love it's unique look and rarity. I get more compliments from guys when I drive the Z3MC. While in the Z4MC, i get more compliments from gals

If i could keep both, I would. However, given a choice, I would pick a Z4MC. The Z4MC is just as raw and rare. However, you also get a more modern day car, with modern interior, updated technology/gadgets, and most importantly...better handling (even stock) and more HP."
      07-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3Z4MC View Post
The Z3MC is as raw of a car as they come. I love it's unique look and rarity. I get more compliments from guys when I drive the Z3MC. While in the Z4MC, i get more compliments from gals

If i could keep both, I would. However, given a choice, I would pick a Z4MC. The Z4MC is just as raw and rare. However, you also get a more modern day car, with modern interior, updated technology/gadgets, and most importantly...better handling (even stock) and more HP."[/I]
Everytime I move from the Z3 to the Z4, I'm startled just how much more modern it is. It really seems like the Z3 is 20 years older, not 7. The Z4 is a much more advanced, solid platform to drive in almost every aspect. The most significant differences I've noted are that the Z3 is a LOT lower than the Z4, more than just the aftermarket suspension accounts for - it's exotic car low; it's much more narrow, which is handy in congested city driving; the taller side windows and more upright rear hatch make it much easier to see out of than a Z4 coupe.

Comments-wise, the Z3 coupe gets more mixed comments than the Z4. The Z4 looks good and people tend to say so, even if they don't know what it is. With the Z3, I've had people ask if I was the one that welded the roof on a Z3, if it cost a $100k new, tell me it looks like a shoe (a lot), like the Batmobile (due to the PO's "murdered-out" scheme), to looks cool.

Like the Z4MC, maybe one in 10 people know what the Z3C is. Most conversations still follow the "Nice BMW - what is it? They made those?" forumula.
Appreciate 0