ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Moms reaction to the Z4 M R......lol!

So Im 28 and Ive had this car for 2 years now....mom NEVER rode in it till last night when I picked her up at JFK....as soon as we left the terminal I ripped it into 3rd gear on the expressway.....Moms 45 yrs old mind you....I scared the shit out of her and the windy curves on the merging highway lanes were eve worse.....especially after what I learned at the Bear mountain run....hahahahahah.

After we got home she admited she a tiny bit of fun.

"Barney, if scaring the living shit out of me brings a smile to your face, then it puts one on mine too I guess." Gotta love moms....

Single mom all these years gets respect on fathers day too btw!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

:

My mom is flying into town mid-July and I plan on doing what I can when she rides in it. LOL
      06-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

I strongly suggest this!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I took my dad in my 3.0si coupe once and that was enough for him. He won't ride with me at all. And I was going super slow.

I also took out an ex-coworker on Mulholland in my 3.0si and he started screaming "please, please slow down, please!" and I laughed and then looked over and saw his face, he looked like he was going to shit himself so I slowed down a little.

A couple weeks ago I had a guy in my M actually start praying, I thought he was kidding but afterward when I asked him I realized he was serious.

Honestly though I don't drive that fast, I think all my friends are just lame. It's funny because one of my girlfriends always prods me to go faster when she rides with me, maybe guys just don't trust me? I guess it's a control thing.

Last edited by Nikki; 06-14-2011 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Took my Dad out in my 633CSi on the autobahn back in the 80's. I asked him to tell me when he thought we were doing 60MPH. We were passing 100 when he said something. I took him to the limit (about 145MPH). He wasn't real happy about it, but that was my Dad. Mr Conservative Driver himself. Still, I think he got a kick out it, God rest his soul.

Mom is 80 and wouldn't even try to get into my Z.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
I guess it's a control thing.

This.

I HATE being in the passenger seat. My foot will be going for the brake or the gas when I feel like it should and when the driver doesn't do the same, it freaks me out.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
mikeinsf
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Roadster

Love the mom story.

Quote:
I guess it's a control thing.
It's totally a control thing. Some of my friends get freaked out by my driving, others grin almost as widely as I do when I'm driving. Most of the "freakers" admit they probably wouldn't be so freaked if they were the ones driving. When the wheel and pedals aren't in your control everything the car does feels like a surprise.

I have one friend I really don't even like to drive with anymore though. He's one of those super defensive types who shits his pants over the slightest things. When I'm driving he's gone as far as to scream my name and grab anything he can hold onto. When he drives I sit there and bite my tongue because he drives like a high school driving instructor. We're incompatible in vehicles.

Another friend went with me through the hills around Palo Alto recently, admitted he was kinda freaked out but said he loved it. That's a good passenger.

2007 ///M roadster

Last edited by mikeinsf; 06-14-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Yeah like last week we were headed down to a baseball game in Anaheim and we were running late (because he took 2 hours to get ready and do his hair ) so he's like "Let's take your car, it's faster" and I give him a look and tell him "UHm...are you sure? Last time I drove you got nauseous and had a headache the rest of the day" and he was like yeah don't worry I'll be fine.

So we get on the freeway and I'm doing my best to navigate traffic on the 10 and then he starts pointing out holes and I'm like "It's OK, I got it" and then when I go a different way he's like "Oh you should have gotten in front of that Altima and then cut in front of the minivan"....ugh.. and I even suggested he drive but he said "You know your car better than I do"...well then don't to tell me how to drive!

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
arggg45
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: fairly quickly.

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah like last week we were headed down to a baseball game in Anaheim and we were running late (because he took 2 hours to get ready and do his hair ) so he's like "Let's take your car, it's faster" and I give him a look and tell him "UHm...are you sure? Last time I drove you got nauseous and had a headache the rest of the day" and he was like yeah don't worry I'll be fine.

So we get on the freeway and I'm doing my best to navigate traffic on the 10 and then he starts pointing out holes and I'm like "It's OK, I got it" and then when I go a different way he's like "Oh you should have gotten in front of that Altima and then cut in front of the minivan"....ugh.. and I even suggested he drive but he said "You know your car better than I do"...well then don't to tell me how to drive!
Backseat drivers are the worst...
      06-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
mikeinsf
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
(because he took 2 hours to get ready and do his hair )
lol ... How metro.

Quote:
Oh man I'd have to tune him out.

I've told the aforementioned friend before to just sit there and "stfu"... that is over-reactions, if anything, cause danger because they make an otherwise composed driver deal with their drama. It's just better he and I are not in the same car, and I avoid doing things with him sometimes that involve the two of us in a vehicle.

2007 ///M roadster
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #11
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

yeah and then afterward he had the audacity to tell me i have a shitty blow dryer.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #12
mikeinsf
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah and then afterward he had the audacity to tell me i have a shitty blow dryer.
seriously the funniest thing I've read on these boards yet.

2007 ///M roadster
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Skelekitty and I took my folks out (dad is 89 mom is 84) for a drive last fall on one of our favorite back roads. 'Kitty was driving her Z4M and I had that Cayman S at the time.

We both scared the hell out of my mom (in both cars) and she insisted we were both crazy drivers. My dad told her to pipe down, and that we weren't even close to pushing the car's capabilities. 'Kitty blew by me at one point on the way back and my dad, unfazed, made some remarks on how it "must be nice to have a wife that knows how to drive". (Apparently the more my mom griped the faster 'Kitty went--until my mom finally stopped. I guess that's how you keep the mother in law quiet. )

My dad was total unfazed by the whole thing and thought we could have been going a lot faster...

I came to find out later that evening that he'd been to Bonneville in his Chevy sometime in the 50s and had destroyed a set of tires seeing "how fast it could go" (which was apparently somewhere around 140). My mom had never heard the story until that evening (apparently it happened before they met) and proclaimed that all of us were crazy drivers.

Last edited by Finnegan; 06-14-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Seriously? And that much time on hair? Please. It is damn funny though!

My good friend (and prior girlfriend), who was a really good and fast driver, was the shower and out of the house in 5 minutes type. When she has to (track days, drives, etc.) 'Kitty can be ready pretty quick as well.

Mr. Hairdo Blowdry Backseat Driver Guy--can he actually drive? I wonder if there's a correlation between getting ready quickly and driving style/ability? (Probably not, but who knows?)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #15
mikeinsf
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I wonder if there's a correlation?
You might just be onto something. I can't think of any over-primpers I've known that are good drivers by my standards.

2007 ///M roadster
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #16
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Mr. Hairdo Blowdry Backseat Driver Guy--can he actually drive? I wonder if there's a correlation between getting ready quickly and driving style/ability? (Probably not, but who knows?)
No idea, he drove my car a few times around the streets but that's it.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No idea, he drove my car a few times around the streets but that's it.
Hmmm...perhaps his thing was more along the lines of a two bucket wash, compressed air blow dry, clay, a nice paint correction, and then two layers of wax. Did he ever help you clean the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
Little C
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Villalona View Post
So Im 28 and Ive had this car for 2 years now....mom NEVER rode in it till last night when I picked her up at JFK....as soon as we left the terminal I ripped it into 3rd gear on the expressway.....Moms 45 yrs old mind you....I scared the shit out of her and the windy curves on the merging highway lanes were eve worse.....especially after what I learned at the Bear mountain run....hahahahahah.

After we got home she admited she a tiny bit of fun.

"Barney, if scaring the living shit out of me brings a smile to your face, then it puts one on mine too I guess." Gotta love moms....

Single mom all these years gets respect on fathers day too btw!!!

Thats funny. I've had my car over a year and my parents have never been in it. I was visiting my parents this past weekend and my mom needed to go to the store, so I threw her my keys and told her to take my car. She gets back 20 mins later with a smile and said how fun it was.

5 mins later she kind of looks around and says, "I think I forgot something at the store", she grabs my keys and is gone for 45 mins. She said she took the long way to the store, via I-90. The store is 1/2 mile away, the closest I-90 on ramp is 2 miles away.

And she didn't come back with a supermarket bag!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #19
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I watch this video rather often. I'm looking to get this sort of reaction (minus language) out of my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by arggg45 View Post
Backseat drivers are the worst...
Good thing we don't have to worry about these! lol j/k
      06-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #20
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

what stage HPF is that? stage 1? damn...
      06-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #21
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

2 w/ 110. L O V E that sound
      06-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
arggg45
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: fairly quickly.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
I watch this video rather often. I'm looking to get this sort of reaction (minus language) out of my mom

"Do you want me to piss my pants?"
"Yes..."

lol