ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Approximate cost of Inspection I for 2007 3.0Si?

tried this in the Canada forum but got no love

indicator says another 6500 km (4000 miles) until its needed.

Anyone had inspection I done at their own cost? If so what did you pay for it?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Doesn't the manual show what's due for replacement in Inspection I (never checked mine, I looked for the M checklist here)? In any case, here's a link to the schedule.

Try this thread. You'll have to convert from pounds to Canadian dollars, but it should give you an idea of what's entained in Inspection I.

Looks like it would be the following, but please check the PDF schedule I provided since I didn't double check my work....

Brake Fluid change ~20 dollars
Brake pads (if indicated) 80-120 from Zeckhausen or Turner (BMW OEM are twice that amount
Oil Filter ~13 dollars
Oil ~60 dollars?
Wiper blades (BMW original) 60 dollars (I'd just get some cheaper ones from the local auto store)
Air Filter 40 dollars
Microfilter (cabin air filter) 50?

So around ~300 - ~325 in US dollars in parts. They'd probably charge 2-3 hours labor, so factor in whatever the going rate is for that.

Look here for estimated prices

All those are parts prices and labor isn't factored in. It's a pretty easy DIY IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Doesn't the manual show what's due for replacement in Inspection I (never checked mine, I looked for the M checklist here)? In any case, here's a link to the schedule.

Try this thread. You'll have to convert from pounds to Canadian dollars, but it should give you an idea of what's entained in Inspection I.

Looks like it would be the following, but please check the PDF schedule I provided since I didn't double check my work....

Brake Fluid change ~20 dollars
Brake pads (if indicated) 80-120 from Zeckhausen or Turner (BMW OEM are twice that amount
Oil Filter ~13 dollars
Oil ~60 dollars?
Wiper blades (BMW original) 60 dollars (I'd just get some cheaper ones from the local auto store)
Air Filter 40 dollars
Microfilter (cabin air filter) 50?

So around ~300 - ~325 in US dollars in parts. They'd probably charge 2-3 hours labor, so factor in whatever the going rate is for that.

Look here for estimated prices

All those are parts prices and labor isn't factored in. It's a pretty easy DIY IMO.
Thanks so much for the information. Most of that has been done on my car with regular service. The brakes were flushed and pads checked every 2 years (the last time being this last May), the oil service was done annually and included replacing the incabin microfilter. Looks like I'll be essentially asking for an air filter change, brake pad check, and oil service next year when I will have probably travelled the 6500 km that remains.
Appreciate 0