ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #1
Rafoo
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Brake light issues (Z4M Coupe)

Hey dear Zpost members,

My right brake light was causing me some problems this week. First the light came up on my dashboard on and off. Then it came on all the time and when switching the right indicator on, it was blinking very fast.

I changed the brake light tonight but the dashboard light is still on and the indicator is still blinking very fast. I noticed that the old bulb still had a filament that was intact, and that the socket seemed a little burnt on one of the connectors. Also I noticed that the new bulb lights up more slowly than the left one and is not as bright. I tried different bulbs and it is the same.

I think there is and electrical issue, could it be due to the socket or should I look further ?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
HankDKrank
Seasoned Novice
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 Roadster

I just had my brake light assembly out and cleaned up one contact that was burnt looking and had a little plastic melting. Was not making contact and "bulb" indicator light was on. Has come on in past for short periods but was on continually. Once I cleaned up contact with fine sandpaper it's all good now. Funny part was that I thought it was the transmission light and was all worried - even took it to a shop - we all had a laugh.
Appreciate 0