ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
fieldtech007
BMW Enthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster 3.2L (e85)

Z4M Snap-in Adapter for Nokia n97?

Hey guys,

Anyone know if there is such a unit?
I want to be able to use the middle console, plug my phone directly into the car, the BT is getting frustrating. I cannot fing anywhere Google, Bing, BMW Site, ebay etc anything for the Nokia n97

Im after a Nokia N97 Snap-in adapter for the BMW Z4M. Does anyone know of a seller or if this even exists?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
Flying Scotsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 2.5L

Not sure if you can get a snap in adapter for your phone, but even if you can it still uses the BT connection between car and phone.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
fieldtech007
BMW Enthusiast
Australia
Rep

Yeah, BT works. But would be nice to be able to sit the phone down and have it charge without the cigerette lighter charger and the phone flying around the cabin when i take some corners
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Flying Scotsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 2.5L

Lol, yeah phone flying about aint good.
Only other suggestion is what i did in my other car an E46,was i had PDA phone, couldn't get an adapter for it and using the BT was draining the battery big time. So had an old sony ericson and bought an adapter for it of Fleabay for shitpence, put a pay as you go simcard in it. Put my PDA to call forwarding to this phone when i get in the car,,,,,problem solved. PDA stays in my pocket, with no BT draining the battery, Sony stays in the adapter always, being charged and NO mobiles flying about no matter how hard you drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
fieldtech007
BMW Enthusiast
Australia
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
Lol, yeah phone flying about aint good.
Only other suggestion is what i did in my other car an E46,was i had PDA phone, couldn't get an adapter for it and using the BT was draining the battery big time. So had an old sony ericson and bought an adapter for it of Fleabay for shitpence, put a pay as you go simcard in it. Put my PDA to call forwarding to this phone when i get in the car,,,,,problem solved. PDA stays in my pocket, with no BT draining the battery, Sony stays in the adapter always, being charged and NO mobiles flying about no matter how hard you drive.
LOL :P ...
Awesome Idea!! Wont be doing that though.
heh, you must really have been getting the shits fanging arround to devise that strategy.
I'd Probably go one step further and figure out the wiring pins etc and hard wire the phone to the car using some solder and shrink wrap and then fill the cradle spot with bluetack!!

Priceless.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
rps
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

Check with www.getbmwparts.com, that is where I obtained all of the parts necessary to put my iPhone into the oddments console between the seat backs. You need to have BMW Assist installed or you will also need the bumper antenna for the phone. The cost for all items was a few hundred bucks. I may be wrong but I believe with the kit installed, the phone is hard wired into the TCU.
      08-26-2010, 02:54 AM   #7
fieldtech007
BMW Enthusiast
Australia
Rep

Response from BimmerNav

As below,

they responded to my email with these details. dont really think its worth it when the cost more that outweights buying a better phone

Hi,

You need the following parts for a snap in adapter

http://www.bimmernav.com/url/eject/

A snap in adapter. Not sure if that one is available, but if it is we can get it.
http://www.bimmernav.com/url/snapins/

NOTE: If you are ordering the Eject box you must also get the Storage compartment Fold Down Door that is setup to hold the Bluetooth eject box.

Part numbers are as follows:

51 46 7 066 180 Black
51 46 7 066 181 Gray
51 46 7 066 182 Beige
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #8
wildag
///M'n it Up
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 ///M Roadster

I doubt there's an n97 snap-in adapter. BMW seems to have trailed off a few years ago on keeping up with the phone snap-in adapters.

Spec.dock makes an iPhone ashtray holder that works great. But I've not seen many solutions for other phones.
Appreciate 0