ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #45
MYovichZ4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
This has not been my experience.
Thanks SK, it normally isn't my experience either.

But in this case, every copy I find on the 'free download' links has apparent malware in their installation file (according Sophos AV). It may just be a problem with the AV, but the miniCD install for 0.7 worked fine and runs great.

I just want to be sure that there really is a 0.8 or 0.9 version before investing more time trying to find an updated copy of the software.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster / Silver Grey
BMW CCA 492691
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #46
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYovichZ4 View Post
rkstar9 - Hello from the west burbs!!

I just got mine from an eBay auction and had no problems installing Win7x64. I've cleared trouble codes, updated LCM & ZKE coding already but some of the modules show "not found" including ones I know the car has. My software is version 1.4.0.7, I've seen several people mention a 0.8 and 0.9 versions but everything I found on the web for downloads were just Malware installers.

What version of PASoft do you have running?
Cool,
I have not had much success with pa soft and I don't recall what version I have. basically the same issue you are having, there is a lengthy thread on e46 forums and basically the thing works half the time and might or might not pick up all the modules.

some people jump two contacts and get it to work others can't get it to work no matter what.

frankly the whole thing is just a mystery, don't feel comfortable using pa soft don't wanna mess anything up. sounds like you got farther than me and got a few things coded.

the general consensus seems to be to use NSC expert as it's the cleanest way to code.
      09-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #47
Frank851
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '19 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkstar9 View Post
Cool,
I have not had much success with pa soft and I don't recall what version I have. basically the same issue you are having, there is a lengthy thread on e46 forums and basically the thing works half the time and might or might not pick up all the modules.

some people jump two contacts and get it to work others can't get it to work no matter what.

frankly the whole thing is just a mystery, don't feel comfortable using pa soft don't wanna mess anything up. sounds like you got farther than me and got a few things coded.

the general consensus seems to be to use NSC expert as it's the cleanest way to code.

I think the software is NCS Expert, not NSC.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 03:02 PM   #48
Ranger_Vet68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i E85 Roadster

Maybe I missed the model number for an OBD for the 2003 BMW Z4 30i. Suggestions?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0