ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
Csa225
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Advice needed: Water/Meth Injection system

Hey everyone. How's life going with one of the currently/soon to be rare, ever increasing in value, collector and driver enthusiast sought out BMWs ever produced!? I doubt there will ever be a future M offered in manual only and without forced induction.

So anyway, en lieu of me doing the complete opposite of keeping my car stock and in top value form, I was hoping someone could help me with where to find a specific water/meth kit that works great with the supercharger set up. I've got the ESS 525, catless headers, hi flo race cats, supersprint s pipe and mufflers. Tuned by Frank Smith.

As far as i can see, I could convert to e85 fuel which runs a ton cooler while increasing power... But I'm going to do water meth for now. Summer temps are robbing me of power!

I'll be close to reaching the 500whp mark with the add on.

If anyone has the time I would appreciate any info along with specifics of nozzles and psi as well as matching spray volume as boost increases.

Cheers

Corey in Maryland
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Hey Corey,
I have WMI on my blown non M.
I have 3 nozzles right now, one before the blower between the MAF and the blower, one right at the nose of the blower just at the point the compressed air exits the blower and one directly before the TB. I certainly saw the difference without WMI, heat soak sucks a lot of power. Frank Smith is tuning my engine as well.
Next upgrade on the agenda is a direct port injection WMI system.

Your set up with the ESS blower will be different of course.
I might suggest you post on one of the other BMW sites more geared to FI.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
Csa225
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Thanks I appreciate the info. Is 3 locations really necessary though? Is yours intercooled? I was under the impression you want to spray as close to the manifold as possible to increase effectiveness. Interesting. I asked ESS and they had just about nothing helpful to say. "Snow Performance makes good kits"
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

I went with the AEM Kit which came with 3 nozzles, why not use them.
The biggest is at the TB.
Anytime you can cool the intake charge you should take advantage.

Read up on discussions regarding pre and post compressor nozzles
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #5
Calichase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 s/c'd Z4MC '08 e82 '02 m3

You should run Frank's kit for his prima set up. He does a great job and will take care of fail safes and tuning.

It's a shame our Ecu is such a pain vs the e46 m3. Frank can do map swapping with them such that you can choose between a 93, 93 and meth, and e85 map. Out cars can only do one map meaning if you run out of e85 away from a station you are screwed.

Maybe my memory has failed me but I don't believe we have met. I have an Ib m coupe and live in md as well. There's actually a lot of us.
Appreciate 0