ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

Dog damage

A couple of weeks ago on a trip in rural Missouri I saw a German Shepard too late that was on a mission to catch a truck. I was in the apex of a corner when I saw we were on a collision course. I hit the brakes hard, but he impacted on the passenger side. He yelped, jumped up ran back the way he came from and then off to catch the truck. I stopped and looked at my Lucy to see the only damage as a bit of poo on the rear wheel.
Fast forward to the weekend when I had her out and about I noticed the passenger door is now rubbing a the front lower most part of the front fender. The front fender looks to be pushed in just enough to be interfering with the door movement. How easy is it to remove/adjust the front fenders?

Steve
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #2
Punisher3.0si
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E86 manual

That sucks. I couldn't help but notice the irony with your screen name
Appreciate 2
Vanne1593.00
yousefnjr6112.00
      03-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
A couple of weeks ago on a trip in rural Missouri I saw a German Shepard too late that was on a mission to catch a truck. I was in the apex of a corner when I saw we were on a collision course. I hit the brakes hard, but he impacted on the passenger side. He yelped, jumped up ran back the way he came from and then off to catch the truck. I stopped and looked at my Lucy to see the only damage as a bit of poo on the rear wheel.
Fast forward to the weekend when I had her out and about I noticed the passenger door is now rubbing a the front lower most part of the front fender. The front fender looks to be pushed in just enough to be interfering with the door movement. How easy is it to remove/adjust the front fenders?

Steve
Have a look at realoem. Look up the parts and you'll see the nut and bolt locations--it should work pretty well as a guide. Everything on the Z bolts on.

I'm glad damage was minimal and the dog is ok. The 25 lb turkey that crossed three lanes of freeway traffic last week wasn't as lucky, nor was my Challenger. Light modules/pods are expensive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Cuz it was faster than a turkey. See above.

Seriously that's a drag. I hope it gets repaired properly and this is your one and only encounter with highway turkeys - winged or otherwise.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep

Stopped by the body shop today. I am not very observant, as there is a nice dent where the dog's head hit the fender. White hides imperfection too well. Looks like $1000.

Steve

Last edited by ShakyDog; 10-02-2017 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 05:13 PM   #6
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
Stopped by the body shop today. I am not very observant, as there is a nice dent where the dos head hit the fender. White hides imperfection too well. Looks like $1000.

Steve
Steve, what did you end up doing w/the fender? I had a minor accident in that same spot a couple years ago and I never did anything about it. Mine was right on the seam between the passenger fender and front bumper though. It would cost about $500 if I could find a used bumper and fender in my color so I could just replace them myself or approx $1000-1200 at the body shop.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 05:23 PM   #7
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Under my insurance animal strikes fall under Comprehensive coverage, no deductible. Hope it is the same for you and a bit of a silver lining.

Last edited by wdb; 10-02-2017 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #8
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep

I am going to have a PDR guy do his magic on the spot and have them realign the fender to the door. I do not want to paint.

Steve
Appreciate 0