ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Will non-run flats affect my warranty?

First, thanks for any help. I'm new to my Z4 (delivered yesterday, woo hoo!) and new to RFT's. I tried searching on this but didn't find anything.

If I would switch out to non run flats would that affect my CPO warranty?

I know a lot of people go this route, what is the best way to cya as far as a spare? The ContiComfort kit?

Can I expect some of the steering issues to go away? What I mean by that is you have to really pay attention to the steering wheel, even on relatively smooth roads. It just seems to track weird. At first I chalked it up to RWD vs my AWD Audi, but I've never had any RWD car drive quite like this one.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
First, thanks for any help. I'm new to my Z4 (delivered yesterday, woo hoo!) and new to RFT's. I tried searching on this but didn't find anything.

If I would switch out to non run flats would that affect my CPO warranty?

I know a lot of people go this route, what is the best way to cya as far as a spare? The ContiComfort kit?

Can I expect some of the steering issues to go away? What I mean by that is you have to really pay attention to the steering wheel, even on relatively smooth roads. It just seems to track weird. At first I chalked it up to RWD vs my AWD Audi, but I've never had any RWD car drive quite like this one.

Thanks again!

This seems like a simple warranty question, guess I'll just call the dealership. Also, found out about tramlining.
Appreciate 0