ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

sad day for my m coupe

i recently broke my camera so dont have pictures but have a simple question.

i swerved avoiding hitting a deer and took my car right into a guard rail. i will be filing a claim, the whole right side of the car is jacked up.

i thought it was all cosmetic but when i looked at the rear wheel i found out otherwise. the wheel is sitting crooked as in looking at it from the front or rear of the car, the bottom of the wheel sits out further than the top of the wheel. any ideas on where to start or what i broke? i need to get this fix so i can have the body work done.

sorry if this is the wrong section also.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Sorry to read that. Please post pics.

Are you okay and how is the deer?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

I am fine, and unfortunately the damn deer is too. i wish i wouldve at least blasted it. it came running out, i saw it too last second on an unlit road and it turned around and ran back from where it was coming from as i swerved into the guard rail, i guess it's better that i didnt end up in the creek though, trying to be a little positive.

anyways, i stole my sisters camera:

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

ouch.... it hurts to look at that, but thank goodness you're OK.
Good luck with the repairs
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
DocRiSK
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Garage List
Agghhhh the silver gray Z4 bad luck continues!!!! Lock your Silver Gray's in your garages for now!!!! Hell a comet will probably hit the garage and destroy it!

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you get it fixed and back on the road soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
DocRiSK
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Garage List
Oh this maybe the time to upgrade your wheels if you want. The OEM wheels are expensive so you might ask your insurance company to just give you the cash value of your wheels and use them towards new ones. It's what I did after my accident.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Hey I have that side of the car for sale in perfect conditions if you don't have good insurance or want to keep some of the money. Really sorry for you tho!!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #8
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Sorry to hear. Nothing you can really do about an deer strike.
Bmw's are prone to eat them through the kidneys too.

2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

thanks guys, yea insurance will be taking care of me, but not looking forward to a rate increase. i actually really like the look of the stock wheels, just going to have them painted another color. some sort of metallic flake gunmetal... they will only pay me for the cost of remanufactured wheels at 300 a piece instead of 600.

the car was flatbedded today to the shop, and ive got a really great paint guy, i know it's gonna turn out shit hott but damn do i miss the car. this pt cruiser rental is killing me. anyways i will keep you guys posted
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Sorry to hear. Nothing you can really do about an deer strike.
Bmw's are prone to eat them through the kidneys too.

couldnt see those pics here at work, but sorry to hear if you're car was a deer strike victim also
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

OOOH that hurts to look at. Good to hear you are fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #12
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

Didn't you just get your car?

Glad to hear your okay. I've read a couple articles that debunk the deer whistles, although I might get one anyway. Anything that might prevent a hit. Plenty of deer here in the NW.

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #13
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

Haha...damn I had a shit event the other day as well. I feel like a tard...

Rolling to a stop, foot comes off brake, gas to floor, flip flop under gas pedal, panic, looking for brakes with left foot, find clutch instead, slide foot out of stuck flip flop, too late and ended up shooting over a median. Need 1 wheel, 2 tires. Front bumper scrape is only damage, not even cracked, suspension checks out, no frame damage, left fender bracket slightly moved due to tire coming up and kissing it. Bumper unpopped from left side. Luckily got enough air to not damage anything behind the front wheels.
      06-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_riddler View Post
Didn't you just get your car?

Glad to hear your okay. I've read a couple articles that debunk the deer whistles, although I might get one anyway. Anything that might prevent a hit. Plenty of deer here in the NW.
yea just got the car about a month and a half ago yea i may just get one anyway cause theyre cheap and im sure we can hide em nice behind the kidney grills.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru View Post
Haha...damn I had a shit event the other day as well. I feel like a tard...

Rolling to a stop, foot comes off brake, gas to floor, flip flop under gas pedal, panic, looking for brakes with left foot, find clutch instead, slide foot out of stuck flip flop, too late and ended up shooting over a median. Need 1 wheel, 2 tires. Front bumper scrape is only damage, not even cracked, suspension checks out, no frame damage, left fender bracket slightly moved due to tire coming up and kissing it. Bumper unpopped from left side. Luckily got enough air to not damage anything behind the front wheels.
sucks to hear man, but im glad to hear this is the only damage cause it sounds like it could of been much worse from your description. good thing nothing was in front of you also!

dont drive with flip flops! ive had a close scare wearing them as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #16
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

More bad news.... something in the differential is clicking, didnt even get the car back. possibly a chipped tooth or something of the sort. goin on vacation this week, so i wont see the car till beggining of july.

well take the good with the bad i guess, while the diff is cracked open, im throwing in a set of 3.91 gears from turner! the labor for a gear install was going to be expensive anyway and i was planning on some gears in the future, so i just went for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #17
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
I am fine, and unfortunately the damn deer is too. i wish i wouldve at least blasted it. it came running out, i saw it too last second on an unlit road and it turned around and ran back from where it was coming from as i swerved into the guard rail, i guess it's better that i didnt end up in the creek though, trying to be a little positive.

anyways, i stole my sisters camera:

Exactly, the deer should know better than to interfere with you and your car's progress. It would be so much more 'fortunate' if the animal was at least maimed to some degree, right???
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsbmw View Post
Exactly, the deer should know better than to interfere with you and your car's progress. It would be so much more 'fortunate' if the animal was at least maimed to some degree, right???
Yea It would be so much better to kill the innocent animal... I was upset, do i really need to blast the deer to feel better, not at all, but im glad you took what i said so seriously.
Appreciate 0