ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-09-2020, 06:45 AM   #1
Reagle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW, Z4

remote

Good morning all. Looking for a remote for my 2003 Z4. Any advice. Many Thanks. Ron
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Reagle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW, Z4

Thumbs up remote

just ordered one from bmw.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 05:15 PM   #3
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagle View Post
This is the best option, even though it is pricey, and if I had seen your original post earlier, this is what I would have recommended.

I had to buy a new key for my M Roadster in 2013, the year after I bought it used. I was sitting at an outside table at a bar with a group of friends during Monterey Car Week, left my ///M jacket on my chair while I went to the bathroom and I had my car key in the pocket. On my way back to the table, our group was being relocated inside to eat and my jacket got left behind. By the time I realized it, the jacket was gone. I ran outside and fortunately my car was still in the lot.

Not sure if you know it, but BMW also has a flat plastic key that will fit in your wallet. I had already ordered one of those and it was in my wallet, so I was able to drive my car back to my hotel. My wife brought her key when she joined me a few days later and I ordered a new key when we got home. I bought the plastic key after locking my keys in the trunk shortly after I bought it. Definitely worth it, it may have saved me from having my car stolen.

Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50
      02-18-2021, 09:15 PM   #4
rich8566
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
This is the best option, even though it is pricey, and if I had seen your original post earlier, this is what I would have recommended.

I had to buy a new key for my M Roadster in 2013, the year after I bought it used. I was sitting at an outside table at a bar with a group of friends during Monterey Car Week, left my ///M jacket on my chair while I went to the bathroom and I had my car key in the pocket. On my way back to the table, our group was being relocated inside to eat and my jacket got left behind. By the time I realized it, the jacket was gone. I ran outside and fortunately my car was still in the lot.

Not sure if you know it, but BMW also has a flat plastic key that will fit in your wallet. I had already ordered one of those and it was in my wallet, so I was able to drive my car back to my hotel. My wife brought her key when she joined me a few days later and I ordered a new key when we got home. I bought the plastic key after locking my keys in the trunk shortly after I bought it. Definitely worth it, it may have saved me from having my car stolen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
I bought the plastic key after locking my keys in the trunk shortly after I bought it. Definitely worth it, it may have saved me from having my car stolen.
Do you recall how much BMW charged you for the plastic key?
      02-19-2021, 05:38 PM   #5
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8566 View Post
Do you recall how much BMW charged you for the plastic key?
I dug through my receipts and it appears that in January 2013 I paid $48.32 ($41.07 after my BMW CCA discount) for a Spare Key (Coded), P/N 51218213932.

Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50