ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Weird Trunk Latch Issue

So I closed my trunk this weekend and I noticed it did not sound right, so I check it and it did not close. I opened it up and my thin canvas gym bag handle had fallen over the latch and the top latch drove it down into the bottom. Not much, I picked it up and it pulled right out - I did not slam it or anything. Just blocked it from closing.

Then my trunk would not close. I figured the latch had triggered, so I triggered it with my fob and it popped like normal, but still would not latch. I fobed it a few times and flipped the latch up top with my finger and that all seemed to be working perfect, so I assumed it was in the bottom.

I looked and all that seemed to be in place. It is almost like the bottom had slipped low enough to not catch the latch anymore, but there are no scuffs or scraps to show where that happened - everything looks right and there does not feel like any obstruction when I open and close the trunk. It just does not latch.

Going to tear the trunk apart and look at it tonight, but does this trigger anything for anyone that I might be missing?

Thanks!
      10-24-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Never mind - that was it. Striker moved and I just needed to adjust it back up. 2 torx and back in business.