ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #265
Zoomby_U
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 M Coupe

Exactly!!!!! We need to know if this exhaust "loses" power ... I couldn't care less about the gains as we all know it will be nominal. If it loses 5-10hp then that's a huge issue!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I think the point here is that you want to make
sure the exhaust hasn't lost you power. Like you said, the stock exhaust system is well designed (even if it is fugly), so the potential for a better looking exhaust to lose power is a real concern. So...why not put it on a dyno just to make sure? If I'm throwing money at an exhaust I know for damn sure that I don't want it to make the car worse...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #266
DiscoZ
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991.1S, G05 X5 50i, LR Disco

The likelihood of it losing 5-10hp is about the same as that of it gaining that much.

Unless the tips are welded shut.
      07-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #267
chaforjohn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Black M Coupe

Everyone needs to calm down. These are just mufflers and no matter how you want to put it, you're not going to realize huge gains. Stop beating a dead horse.

I put these mufflers on last night, took about an 1.5 hrs and I am very satisfied. Yes, they are custom and don't have the cleanest of welds - In fact, I wasn't even impressed. But installed, they look better than stock, and sound great.

Overall, these are a good, cheap alternative to having your Z4 M sound like an actual sports car without the ridiculous price of an SS, Eisenmann, or whatever muffler. I will say, ~ $600 is still considered an exhorbitant price for a pair of cans in my book, but $1000+ is just stupid money for marginal gain. Obviously the economies aren't there for the Z4 M market, so I get that - but seriously?

Aside, I rarely chime in so I thought I would... Enjoy the exhaust GB'ers
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #268
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I think the point here is that you want to make sure the exhaust hasn't lost you power. Like you said, the stock exhaust system is well designed (even if it is fugly), so the potential for a better looking exhaust to lose power is a real concern. So...why not put it on a dyno just to make sure? If I'm throwing money at an exhaust I know for damn sure that I don't want it to make the car worse...
As I said its just a pair of mufflers and they arent restricting flow anymore then the stock mufflers and they arent opening up the system enough where you would loose power. The mufflers arent the restrictive part on this car so any gains or looses are highly highly unlikely. Im not going to argue this point anymore. If you would like to pay for me to take my car to get dynoed, then by all means. Otherwise I could careless what you throw your money on and I dont owe it to anyone to have my car dynoed. I am just posting a review of a product I purchased. If you find this review helpful great, if not that fine too.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #269
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
My Stromung's are still on a truck somewhere between Cerritos, CA and NJ. Last update was departure scan at 4:49 AM July 16th. Waiting....impatiently.....
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #270
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
-It replaces the secondary US cats with a resonator/straight pipe. Actually cleans up the sound a lot and makes a buttload more power down low (like +35 TQ at 3300rpm vs stock). Previously it lost as much power up high as it gained down low. But not any more I originally theorized that the DME was responsible for the high-end power loss, and since that is now gone after ESS software I think it is safe to conclude I was correct in my estimation. Anyway, back to work...details to follow, many charts, etc.
Cant wait to see / hear it at M-Fest sounds like you are doing a lot of work. Should be good info for the community when finished.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #271
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselino View Post
As I said its just a pair of mufflers and they arent restricting flow anymore then the stock mufflers and they arent opening up the system enough where you would loose power. The mufflers arent the restrictive part on this car so any gains or looses are highly highly unlikely. Im not going to argue this point anymore. If you would like to pay for me to take my car to get dynoed, then by all means. Otherwise I could careless what you throw your money on and I dont owe it to anyone to have my car dynoed. I am just posting a review of a product I purchased. If you find this review helpful great, if not that fine too.
This isn't a personal attack against you. I'm just hoping that one of the people who receive their exhaust will do a before and after dyno and let us know what the results are. If you don't want to do it and you're happy with it, that's fine. I think the exhaust looks good, and hopefully it sounds good. I would just like to know if it helps hurts or does nothing performance wise.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #272
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MC, M5, 540iT

Dieselino, my dyno charts are up.

Guys, please respond in the following thread so as to not threadjack this one.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...21#post3406421
      07-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #273
kav
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Are these still available at the GB price??
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #274
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
Got my exhaust today and had it installed at the local muffler shop. They did a nice job and got the alignment right. When it started up it sounded like a sports car. Only drove it a short 1/2 mile home and it sounds right! No time for pictures or any test drives today. Maybe next weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 03:47 AM   #275
azndavid85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M coupe

another picture from the side angle of the Exhaust!!

Hey guys... finally got the sound clip up
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4bt8r9f9h18&hl=zh_TW&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4bt8r9f9h18&hl=zh_TW&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qyWNfjhK4zU&hl=zh_TW&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qyWNfjhK4zU&hl=zh_TW&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #276
OH FO SHO
Captain
Rep
Drives: z4

sounds good azndavid85

-*MY PICTURE THREAD*-
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #277
kav
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Sounds good. I was seriously considering this but ended up picking up a SuperSprint Powerloops with X-pipe. I can say the sound is a little quieter but there is no "hesitation" type exhaust note at all compared to clips here. That being said the stromung still sounds great and is a great price!! Also what is with the welds in the second clip?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #278
DiscoZ
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991.1S, G05 X5 50i, LR Disco

Look a couple of pages back and you will see what's up with the welds. What's a "hesitation" type exhaust note?
      07-25-2008, 07:10 AM   #279
kav
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoZ View Post
Look a couple of pages back and you will see what's up with the welds. What's a "hesitation" type exhaust note?
I had a quick look back and all I saw was that the weld discoloration was mentioned. It doesn't really matter I guess since it will not be easily visibile. As for the exhaust "hesitation", I don't think I'm describing it correctly - it is more like a rasp. Honestly, it sounds good - that's all that matters.

Last edited by kav; 07-25-2008 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #280
wyu177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 m240i

Hope the mods don't' mind the cross post, but its relivent information for any interested buyers.

---

Interested buyers beware:

Was interested in getting this exhaust setup for my Z4m, so I called and left Scott @ stromung a message on 3/26. He was very quick to respond, answered all my questions and told me this setup was still available for purchase, but wouldn't ship out until the 31st at which point he would call me with tracking information.

Fast forward to today 4/16: My credit card has been charged as of 3/26 for the full amount but I have not heard back from anyone regarding tracking information or the status of the exhaust, I have called them multiple times leaving a voice messages to call me back. The final straw was when I called today, and tried to leave a message, the message said the mailbox was full and hung up on me.

I'm looking into filing a dispute with my credit card company to get these charges reversed. Just wanted to let you guys know my experience so far, hopefully nobody else had to go through what i have just gone through with this company.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #281
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyu177 View Post
Hope the mods don't' mind the cross post, but its relivent information for any interested buyers.

---

Interested buyers beware:

Was interested in getting this exhaust setup for my Z4m, so I called and left Scott @ stromung a message on 3/26. He was very quick to respond, answered all my questions and told me this setup was still available for purchase, but wouldn't ship out until the 31st at which point he would call me with tracking information.

Fast forward to today 4/16: My credit card has been charged as of 3/26 for the full amount but I have not heard back from anyone regarding tracking information or the status of the exhaust, I have called them multiple times leaving a voice messages to call me back. The final straw was when I called today, and tried to leave a message, the message said the mailbox was full and hung up on me.

I'm looking into filing a dispute with my credit card company to get these charges reversed. Just wanted to let you guys know my experience so far, hopefully nobody else had to go through what i have just gone through with this company.
So, what happened?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #282
wyu177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 m240i

Never heard back from stromung... Credit card company credit me back after I dispute the charges. What a headache. Recently purchased a Rogue Engineering El Diablo off another member and am very happy with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4MCJJ View Post
So, what happened?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #283
mexicobmw
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: car

info on where to buy these system.
regards
diego
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #284
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Best place seems to be second hand. I got mine last fall, and love it. It's too bad it's such a nice exhaust, and the support and customer service is horrible
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #285
clashcity74
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
Best place seems to be second hand. I got mine last fall, and love it. It's too bad it's such a nice exhaust, and the support and customer service is horrible
This is certainly a be patient purchase.

I waited about a month for mine. They don't communicate well after the purchase but the product is worth it if you're not looking to drop the loot on other exhausts.