ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #45
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA View Post
Prove me wrong... Tell me something IOS or android can do that BB10 cannot.
Control my Samsung TV
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #46
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac
Quote:
Control my Samsung TV
Or my Apple TV.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #47
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
This is true. I was bored with apples lack of innovation and IOS, so I switched over to Android and never looked back.
I suffered the same issue, to me IOS was plainly embarrassing and unproductive, very immature and "bubble gummy".

What's next for IOS?
I will credit apple for making great products, but lacking in innovation as of late. Their IOS is simple and user intuitive, but boring and controlled.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #48
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Quote:
I will credit apple for making great products, but lacking in innovation as of late. Their IOS is simple and user intuitive, but boring and controlled.
Meaning rock solid and reliable?

The BB phones were also rock solid and reliable, but they have been passed by and left in the dust. The only people I know personally who use BBs are because their employer mandates the use of one.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #49
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER
Quote:
Meaning rock solid and reliable?

The BB phones were also rock solid and reliable, but they have been passed by and left in the dust. The only people I know personally who use BBs are because their employer mandates the use of one.
Great products as in reliable, visually good looking, and fun. But as of late, they have fallen behind the competition and didn't offer anything to excite me. I never had a BB, so I cannot comment on them. My friends had them and spoke highly of BBM.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #50
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude... I just needed an answer. So how do you know Blackberry sucks? or it is old?
You cannot tell me that the Blackberry Classic is going to be a BETTER option than, say, an iPhone 6. It's made around this keyboard, and that probably works quite well. So if you're going to be sending tons of emails and ONLY worry about that, then great. But I have a laptop for emails. For the rest, the phone is rather slow. I read that Android aps are slow, and the camera is plain dreadful.

I think you're going to have a hard time convincing people that this antiquated phone is going beat their current smartphone.

Best thing is that Blackberry are comparing the Classic in their reviews to the Bold 9900, which is a phone from 2011. Unreal.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #51
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue overpriced POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
You cannot tell me that the Blackberry Classic is going to be a BETTER option than, say, an iPhone 6. It's made around this keyboard, and that probably works quite well. So if you're going to be sending tons of emails and ONLY worry about that, then great. But I have a laptop for emails. For the rest, the phone is rather slow. I read that Android aps are slow, and the camera is plain dreadful.

I think you're going to have a hard time convincing people that this antiquated phone is going beat their current smartphone.

Best thing is that Blackberry are comparing the Classic in their reviews to the Bold 9900, which is a phone from 2011. Unreal.
Absolutely agree with you. The Classic is not meant to capture new users, it is meant to migrate old users to the new platform. Even John Chen said it... He won't spent time competing with Android or IOS and that is why BES is now BYOD (Bring your own device).

I just saw the new Samsung ??? (with the little curved part) and it is stupidly awesome, the screen looks like I can get my hand through it, so clear and sharp!. BB has a long way to go before they can consider beating a phone like that.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #52
datbimmer
Wastegate Rattle
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i m6t nav sport

Quote:
Actually, you prove BB10 can do anything an android can... forget iOS it still is years behind android.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #53
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
How big is your firm compared to the millions of BB phones issued by Federal Governments around the world?
@3500 mobile users worldwide 6.6 billion in annual revenue worldwide. Big enough to big a real big PITA when platform shifts occur.

Last edited by Bobble; 12-23-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #54
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You know who's usually really cutting edge and gets a ton of actual work done? It sure isn't federal governments. There are lots of people I look up to but you picked the one sample audience that I can't think of a single role model with.

Do you work for RIM?

I suppose I should get off this forum and go shop black Suburbans too?
Talking to me or the combative OP?

I offered him a real world perspective from a global company who used BB devices, they died on the vine no innovation we shifted over 2+ years to iOS and Android support as well, spent millions in re-engineering apps, interfaces to global ERP and EBS systems and would not expect them to shift back to something that already died once. Not to mention the openness of Android OS means I can get real cheap labor to create apps that are designed correctly and can interface to anything from windows servers, Solaris, Linux, Unix/AIX, OS400 etc as we have all those platforms running the business and talking. What he fails to digest is BB was not a consumer driven device and to succeed in business you need to be to deliver apps that work and be distributed through out the business. I don't personally give a flip what John Chen says I care about supporting a business platform worldwide for distribution activities and not getting paged/texted trouble tickets 24/7.

Last edited by Bobble; 12-23-2014 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #55
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You know who's usually really cutting edge and gets a ton of actual work done? It sure isn't federal governments. There are lots of people I look up to but you picked the one sample audience that I can't think of a single role model with.

Do you work for RIM?

I suppose I should get off this forum and go shop black Suburbans too?
I offered him a real world perspective from a global company who used BB devices, they died on the vine no innovation we shifted over 2+ years to iOS and Android support as well, spent millions in re-engineering apps, interfaces to global ERP and EBS systems and would not expect them to shift back to something that already died once.
Not you, you've made a valid point. Ol' physical keyboard had yet to.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #56
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I haven't tried the blackberry either. I haven't seen them anywhere in stores for about 6 years lol

It's a sinking ship
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #57
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I really liked the Z10 that I had. Unfortunately it only lasted a year or so before it died on me and I went back to iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #58
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post

Absolutely agree with you. The Classic is not meant to capture new users, it is meant to migrate old users to the new platform. Even John Chen said it... He won't spent time competing with Android or IOS and that is why BES is now BYOD (Bring your own device).

I just saw the new Samsung ??? (with the little curved part) and it is stupidly awesome, the screen looks like I can get my hand through it, so clear and sharp!. BB has a long way to go before they can consider beating a phone like that.
I believe you are referring to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge. I have the regular Note 4 and love it! I was long time iPhone user before and was bored with my iPhone 6, so I made the switch over.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #59
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
I believe you are referring to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge. I have the regular Note 4 and love it! I was long time iPhone user before and was bored with my iPhone 6, so I made the switch over.
I just ditched the Note 4 for the Note Edge. This Edge is awesome...first phone I've been gaga over sice the GS3.

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #60
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
It is interesting, but I'll be sticking to android or apple.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #61
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
Looks like a good phone, I'll probably get one at some point when the time comes to replace my current Q10.

I was just going to comment - How is this different from the Q10? Isn't it just essentially the "next gen"? Q10 runs on BB OS10 as well.

I, too, used to be a die-hard fan of BB and refused to change to iOS or Android, but the Classic doesn't seem to be as ground breaking as OP made it out to be - It's just a Q10 with upgraded resolution and processor.
I agree which is why I would only get a Classic once the need arises to replace my Q10 (which to this point has been a good reliable phone for me so far). While the return of the trackpad and short cut buttons are a nice feature my Q10 doesn't have, I wouldn't replace my Q10 just to get them. I also understand the upgraded 10.3 OS that the Classic uses is coming to the Q10 and Z10 early next year.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #62
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue overpriced POS

I'm already running the latest 10.3 leak.... Incredible OS. I recommend you to install it
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #63
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

I offered him a real world perspective from a global company who used BB devices, they died on the vine no innovation we shifted over 2+ years to iOS and Android support as well, spent millions in re-engineering apps, interfaces to global ERP and EBS systems and would not expect them to shift back to something that already died once. Not to mention the openness of Android OS means I can get real cheap labor to create apps that are designed correctly and can interface to anything from windows servers, Solaris, Linux, Unix/AIX, OS400 etc as we have all those platforms running the business and talking. What he fails to digest is BB was not a consumer driven device and to succeed in business you need to be to deliver apps that work and be distributed through out the business. I don't personally give a flip what John Chen says I care about supporting a business platform worldwide for distribution activities and not getting paged/texted trouble tickets 24/7.
Bobble nailed it in the head. There is no way our company will go back to BlackBerry after they wanted us to upgrade to os 10
Appreciate 0