ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

K-Pax joining forces with Flying Lizard for '15 PWC

Did you guys hear this already? For the 2015 season of the Pirelli World Challenge, K-Pax Racing and Flying Lizard Motorsports will join forces and compete with this McLaren 650S GT3 (Below). I have to say, this next season of PWC is shaping up to be looking VERY good and I think will give IMSA a run for their money.

"K-PAX and Flying Lizard will compete under the K-PAX banner, sporting two 2015 McLaren 650S GT3 race cars – updated versions of the McLaren 12C GT3s that K-PAX raced in 2014.

“Teaming up with Flying Lizard was a natural fit for us,” said Jim Haughey, owner of K-PAX. “Combined, K-PAX and Flying Lizard have six series championships and dozens of wins. Our race-proven McLarens and Flying Lizard’s world-class race-team management will catapult us into contention for another championship.”

“The Pirelli World Challenge has enjoyed great success and expansion in the last few years, and we’re eager to be a part of it,” said Eric Ingraham, Flying Lizard team manager. “Jim Haughey has built a great operation in K-PAX, and the combination of our two teams will no doubt bring an exciting season for our fans as we race for the GT Championship.”
Added Seth Neiman, founder of Flying Lizard: “This is an exciting next step in the evolution of Flying Lizard. Though I will be stepping back from driving, I look forward to the team’s focus on building a great program with K-PAX. They’ve put together a consistently solid program and have proven they have what it takes to win.”

K-PAX and Flying Lizard will hit the racetrack for the first time together March 6-8, 2015, at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas."

(World-Challenge.com)

Last edited by 954Stealth; 12-22-2014 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Yeah I read this the other day. PWC is growing fast. Lots of big dogs joining the series next season. Including Turner and their Z4's.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Yeah I read this the other day. PWC is growing fast. Lots of big dogs joining the series next season. Including Turner and their Z4's.
I'm looking forward to seeing what TMS can do next year, their one outing last year was successful; I'm glad I was trackside for that.
Appreciate 0