ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #45
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDown View Post
"Additional (base) cost of moving from a 3.0si to an M: eleven thousand, seven hundred dollars. Additional total cost of ownership to insure and gas an M over a 3.0 (for three years): twelve hundred dollars." Suddenly the crowd turns its head in unison towards the sound of the unholy roar, the M Roadster rolling down the boulevard - unmistakable with its M badging and body treatments, and the voice intones: "Cruising in an M Roadster at seven thousand RPM in second gear, hands on the thickly padded steering wheel, left foot poised above the heavy-duty clutch: priceless."

"There are some things money can't buy. For a serious case of perma-grin, there's M Roadster." :rocks:
Yeah, I know there's a high premium to pay for the M badging and the reputation it entails.
But if I can out perform the M for less money, why not?

Besides, as was previously posted in this thread, its really about what YOU love to drive right? Different strokes for different folks and not everyone can justify the price of an M. Some of us are quite happy with our 3.0's
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #46
ZEEFOUR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 3.0i, 03 MB E55 AMG

To be honest I've found that only the Marque Aficionados really appreciate the ///M cars or in my case AMG. When i bought my AMG E55 in 2003 there was a huge gap in performance between it and a E500, but now the E550 has closed that gap and the same will happen with a Z4 with the 3.0TT motor. Its nice to be able to say i own an E55, but most folks just think its an Eclass with a sports package. If i did it again i would just buy the E550 with a sports package, although my E55 is holding a very good resale $$price. I've only test driven a ///m Z4 once, but i can say what i like about my 3.0i is that my driving skills can push it close to its limits, something i can't do with the E55 (still scares me sometimes ) and probably the same with a ///mZ4.

Enjoy what you have its all about driving!!!
Appreciate 0