ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Jmanscotch
is a Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i - 6MT SOLD

.::FS - Non-M Multi-Function Steery Wheel - Used::.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Had a project in mind and then I changed my mind, so I'm looking to sale on the wheel I picked up.

It's a multi-function steering wheel and ALL of the buttons work. They depress and release as they should, too. All of the connections that'd typically come with the multi-function wheel are included.

It's got some cosmetic flaws on the lower left quadrant and some areas on the silver trim that've been nicked along with it. It doesn't show too awful much when installed, but it is indeed noticeable. That said, the leather is in great condition in regards to the typical wear along the top side (shown in pictures). I was going to give Leatherique a go at fixing some of the issues, but haven't had time and am not in a position to have said time soon.

I just noted this taking pictures, but it is missing one of the center trim screws (which doesn't affect it holding together, I gave it a tug and it's secure, but worth noting).

Worth a go for retrofitting the multi-function wheel into your Z as all E85 airbags will swap into it just fine. Good candidate for a rewrap or custom project for those looking for options. Will consider parting out multi-function parts if someone has a need for those, not sure what'd be a fair deal, so just approach me if interested.

Here is a link containing information for a retrofit of the multi-function wheel: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...=Multifunction

Here is a DIY for refinishing the plastic trim, if desired:http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...=Multifunction

Leatherique or smiliar leather car products are well documented for use, if you plan to give that a go.

Asking $135 shipped to the lower 48, OBO

Don't need it, looking to sell, so make an offer with what it'd be worth to you and we'll see if we can work on a deal. I accept PayPal.

Let me know if there's any specific questions, I think the pictures should show it's condition well enough though.

Last edited by Jmanscotch; 05-01-2012 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Jmanscotch
is a Texan
United_States
Rep

Could always pick up this wheel (its minus trim/buttons/etc) and have a really nice setup for a retrofit.

Bump for ^ and lowered price. Feel free to make an offer, gents.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Toneloc111
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5i

Newbie here, when you say retrofit, will it work on my 2003 Z4? Will the controls work?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
Jmanscotch
is a Texan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneloc111 View Post
Newbie here, when you say retrofit, will it work on my 2003 Z4? Will the controls work?
Hey Tone, my apologies for the delayed response, been without internet for a bit.

Outside of the wheel I'm selling, you will need one additional cable to comepletely retrofit the multifunction steering wheel into your Z.

That cable is detailed (Part number, price and install instructions) in this gentlemans post: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showpost...20&postcount=9

Let me know if there's anything else I can do or if you're interested and I'm sure we could make a deal.

- Jake

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Jmanscotch
is a Texan
United_States
Rep

Bump, price lowered.

Appreciate 0