ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

2006 Z4M Coupe $18,500 PRICE DROP in MI

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 20,000.00

Item Interest
I'm firm at this price. It's the cheapest I've ever seen an M coupe listed for.

Selling my Z4M coupe, this has been my daily driver for the past 2 years. Sapphire black with black nappa and aluminum trim. No nav. I've put about 30k miles on it in that time. Has 90k miles now. Mechanicals are excellent. Valves were adjusted at 60k so due for that again. Mild modifications: ZHP shift knob, RPI scoop, H&R lowering springs, custom built rear exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers, Enkei NT03 wheels with custom finish, Brand new Michelin Pilot super sports, complete tear out stereo install. Keep reading for more details.

Exhaust sounds great in my opinion but there is some drone at certain RPMs, I do not have the stock exhaust anymore. Bolted to the stock mid pipes. Nothing has been cut.

Wheels were painted silver to start with. The silver paint was removed and replaced with a custom machined brush aluminum finish. This was then covered with a gold tinted clear coat. Pics don't do them justice. Looks like anodized aluminum with a bit more shine in person. One half inch long light rash on RR wheel. Balanced perfect with brand new 265/35R18 and 235/40R18 Pilot SS tires.

Stereo consists of:

Alpine HD-149BT head unit.
Alpine 4 x 55W amp
Alpine Mono sub amp (around 300W)
Alpine 8" sub in sealed Alpine box
Focal 3 way components behind stock grills in the front door and kick panel
Stock rear mids

I am the third registered owner. Was in CA until 2012 or so. Then went to St Louis for a little over a year and then I bought it and brought it to MI in 2014.

This is not the most cosmetically perfect M coupe in the country. It has a few door dings that could probably be removed without disturbing the paint. It has a ding in the right rocker cover (plastic). And some scratches in the front bumper cover. After having the car a week my neighbor backed into the left front. Thats how the bumper cover got scratched (seen in pic next to drivers headlight). The insurance payout was a bit disappointing so I did not have the cover repainted. Its not cracked at all. The bump broke the clip that holds it to the fender (which I replaced) and a couple of the tabs that hold the Left headlight. With the insurance money I replaced both (so they matched) original headlamps with real BMW parts which are the darker, Carbon, inside. Still HID of course. It also has painted side markers, removed badges, matte black kidneys, a brand new BMW front Roundel and an older spray tint job on the rear lights that has faded over time.

Interior is clean overall but there are some nicks in the soft aluminum trim. Seats are free of rips but there is a little wear on the drivers outer bolster. Stock carpet and rubber floor mats. Again, not perfect, but never wrecked beyond the situation I described, and priced accordingly.

Call, text or message me Steve: 313-269-6090

Last edited by 48230M5; 01-19-2017 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
LevelM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw m3 e90

This should be picked up real quick!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Nice disclosure and price

GLWS
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 07:36 AM   #4
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Nice disclosure and price

GLWS
Thanks! I tend to be overly critical of my own cars. I just want to be sure someone knows what they are getting. It's a really great car and I've enjoyed owning it! I think it's the lowest price one out there right now. I had it up on Craigslist a month ago for $23K and I got a lot of dumb questions, scams, etc. I figure I'll put it up on the forum for a fair price and hopefully it goes quickly to someone who can appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 06:35 AM   #5
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump! I am motivated to sell!! Again, I love the car, its just not getting much use any more and I want to free up the garage space and funds. I'm open to offers but I feel like the price is already very reasonable. If I don't get any response by this weekend I think I am going to run an auction on eBay or Bring-a-Trailer.

I didn't mention but I do have all original stereo components. I have all manuals. 2 keys. 1 original, one OEM but purchased within the last year.

I would consider selling my wheels and tires separately and would be interested in a partial trade for the stock wheels and good tires plus cash for mine. I have over $2000 into the wheels and tires. They are a great fit. 18x10 and 18x8.5 (if I remember correctly). 5mm spacers on the front.

Does anyone have a good idea of the best way to sell my car for a reasonable price?! Any feedback is appreciated!

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 03:02 AM   #6
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MCoupe,3.0Si R,E61 535xiT

These take time to sell, its less about price, more about condition and selling a less personalized car. Your car seems overly personalized, lessening its mass appeal.
It might sell easier with standard wheels and quad tipped exhaust. I had a custom Flowmaster series 50 exhaust on my MR, with dual 3" to 2x 2.5" Flowmaster polished tips to keep the quad tip M look. Do the needed maintenance including valve adjustment and new plugs. Else you're dumping $1500 in needed service on the new buyer. Install regular chrome ringed grills, undarken everything else, put badges back on, take care of the rough edges. Rough edges on an MC are much more more of a nono than if on some other model. That stereo might be great on a lesser car. Here, get back to the original in dash head to match the original look, with the high end speakers and amp out of sight.
The MCoupe I bought had been <FS> for half a year, in seriously nice mostly original condition, with only rough edges on the fangs and a few contact spots on front and rear bumper overs.
      09-11-2016, 07:01 AM   #7
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpathic
These take time to sell, its less about price, more about condition and selling a less personalized car. Your car seems overly personalized, lessening its mass appeal.
It might sell easier with standard wheels and quad tipped exhaust. I had a custom Flowmaster series 50 exhaust on my MR, with dual 3" to 2x 2.5" Flowmaster polished tips to keep the quad tip M look. Do the needed maintenance including valve adjustment and new plugs. Else you're dumping $1500 in needed service on the new buyer. Install regular chrome ringed grills, undarken everything else, put badges back on, take care of the rough edges. Rough edges on an MC are much more more of a nono than if on some other model. That stereo might be great on a lesser car. Here, get back to the original in dash head to match the original look, with the high end speakers and amp out of sight.
The MCoupe I bought had been <FS> for half a year, in seriously nice mostly original condition, with only rough edges on the fangs and a few contact spots on front and rear bumper overs.
Well said. When I was looking for my M coupe I also was looking for something as stock as possible with plans to modify it as I felt necessary. I think that's your best bet in selling. I've kept all my stock parts just in case someday (which I hope never happens) I sell.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 07:57 AM   #8
tecnicaeleven
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Cooper S / 07 M Roadster

You have me curious. What are the knobs on the sides of your aftermarket stereo? Close up?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 03:41 AM   #9
gracewayne
Registered
Rep
Drives: z4 e85

nice ride!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #10
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Getting back to stock or less staggered and stretched tires and wheels may also help in making the car more sellable.
The current tires are much shorter diameter and sidewalls are really stretched, 235 on 8.5" and 265 on 10". That's 3% speedometer and odometer error, gives a jouncy ride, and makes it easy to ding or curb rash a rim. Typical staggers are 255 front with 275 rear, and not more than 1" width difference. Prospective buyers will notice this, many may feel that the current staggered and stretch tires and wheels need to be removed in favor of a square or less staggered and stretched setup. My coupe still had the original wheels and tire sizes on it, that was one of the pluses in choosing that car.
glws
      09-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #11
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for all the suggestions. For some reason I was not getting alerts that there had been replies. Sorry for waiting so long to chime in. I agree that making it more stock and more perfect would help to sell. I just thought a lower price would make up for these things. I figure a perfect stock example with my years and miles sells for about $23k. It also seems that many of my mods are popular as well as easily reversible. Most were done before my ownership which is why I don't have the stock parts. If the car had low miles and would be worth $30k when done making it stock and perfect, I'd do it. With the miles I think I would not get back the money invested. I hope there is someone out there who appreciated the modifications as well as the low asking price.

My rear wheels are 9.5" wide. That was my mistake. I was under the impression that my tire sizes were quite common on these cars. One size up in width front and rear and 5 points lower aspect ratio each. Stock 225/255. Me 235/265. You mentioned possibly going square. Is that even an option on an Mcoupe?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #12
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnicaeleven View Post
You have me curious. What are the knobs on the sides of your aftermarket stereo? Close up?
Good eye! Ejector seat and smoke screen! Just kidding. They are mounts for my phone. It's made by Rokform. It's a male junction that corresponds to a female on my iPhone case. I'll add a pic of a close up. I had 2 phones for a while (work and personal) which is why there are 2. I should probably take them off in my attempts to return to stock.

It would be a lot of work to remove the stereo system and its not realistic to just re install the stock head unit. I would have to re wire everything. I have a lot of hours into the install and it sounds awesome. I don't have the heart to tear it out!

Maybe I just keep the damn car at this point!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 06:12 PM   #13
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

I forgot to mention I did replace the spark plugs. OEM parts. Done at about 75k miles I believe. I even installed the correct decal under the hood.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #14
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

The tires really aren't stretched. I'm not at all a fan of the stretched tire look. The rubber still sticks out more than the lip of the wheel. I'm quite sure that 265 is in the correct range for an 9.5"!wide wheel. And 235 is in the range for a 8.5" rim. It is real easy to knick a curb with the right rear wheel. But just as easy on my 2013 328i. And it's got stock wheels and tires. You've just got to pay attention. And not let anyone else drive it!

Last edited by 48230M5; 09-18-2016 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #15
jj33low
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M, AMG C63S, TTRS, Gallardo

messaged you!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 11:22 PM   #16
alaw119
Rep
Drives: e36 m3

is the car still for sale?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 09:25 PM   #17
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yes, 265 on a 9.5" is a good fit, still on the narrow side due to very short sidewall.
Square setup is commonly 18x9.5, ET22 to 35, with your choice of 255/40 or 275/35 or 265/35, depending on how much harder ride and how many extra revs you're ok with. May need spacers on the front to avoid rubbing, depending on how low and stiff the suspension is and front swaybar diameter. My setup is 18x9.5 ET22 with 255/40 front and taller 245/45 rear.
      11-13-2016, 06:45 PM   #18
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump! Still for sale. Still firm on price. About 1000 more miles on it than first posted. After lack of serious interest I decided to just hold on to it and haven't posted it anywhere else. However the reality is it would be best for me to sell it. Please call or PM me if you have any questions of interest.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #19
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump! Still for sale!!! Not sure why some of my pics disappeared?? I'll post some new ones
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #20
MPLICIT
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4MC S65B40A Swap

Still for sale? I'm needing a second in my stable.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #21
48230M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloTheGod View Post
Still for sale? I'm needing a second in my stable.

I decided to just keep it for now. Thanks for the interest.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #22
stattine
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford F250

Let me know if you change your mind. I might be interested.
Appreciate 0