ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
SSG S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: DINAN Z4

EBC Brake Upgrade

Just received my EBC Sport Rotors, EBC Green Stuff brake pads and StopTech SS brake lines. Pretty excited about the install Ill let you guys know how it feels. Any idea on what brake fluid i should go with? Something i could get locally here in the LA area thanks!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
imom
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ ....... Z4MR (SOLD)

MOTUL RBF600 is really good stuff from what I hear. The dealer did a bad job of bleeding my brakes with the brake flush, so I put some in...I heard that someone else on this forum that track their cars and said it was amazing difference with new pads, SS lines, and Motul. I have SS Lines that I didn't install yet cause I didn't want to void the warranty...have to wait..

Motul may be overkill for the street...but rather have brakes than not have brakes.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
SSG S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I thought about it after i made the purchase and it was a bit of overkill with everything that i got, but it made so much sence when i was doing it Good thing i didnt go with a bbk....that would have been a bad move and a hard hit on the cow skin i got in my pocket :\ If i get the job im after in this upcoming year, the z will become my track whore anyway so im just being hopeful i guess
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
SSG S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So i took advantage of my long weekend and got some free time to install my stuff. Here are some pics of Saturday and Sunday. I did the front rotors and pads on Saturday and the SS lines, rear rotors/pads and paint on sunday. Washed her and took her for a spin and she feels great! Best part is the brake (O) light being gone Ill post some with the wheels on tomorrow. Enjoy

SSG S

And to think that my brakes used to look like this :\

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

If you're going to be flushing your brakes often, it's easiest to swap colors between flushes so you'll know when you're to the new fluid. For this reason I swap between ATE Super Blue (blue-color) and Pentosin Racing (gold-color).