ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
NYZ4Jack
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

FILTRAN transmission filters - where to buy???

Recently changed the fluid and the filter of the automatic transmission with a FEBI branded filter on a 2005 Z4 3.0 (ZF 5HP19 transmission). I was only planning to run it with the FEBI brand filter for 1000 miles before finalizing the job with another fluid flush and replacing it with a FILTRAN (OEM) brand filter.

Here's the problem, I can't seem to find any source for a FILTRAN filter. (the old one that came out was stamped with FILTRAN). I tried ordering one from Bavauto (they said it was BMW OEM) but it wasn't stamped with any brand/made in Taiwan and I ended up returning it. I reached out to ECS tuning and Tischer BMW and they can't confirm the brand on their filters. I tried looking up the part # on FILTRAN's online catalog and they don't show a filter for a 2005 Z4.

What gives? Did FILTRAN stop making them for our cars? Can anyone provide a reliable source for the filter?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
FILTRAN is the OE filter. Any BMW dealer should be able to get it for you. Good call going with the OE filter. I had shifting issues with an aftermarket filter on my X5. The OE Filtran filter cured all the problem and is currently running perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
NYZ4Jack
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

The FEBI filter I have in there is performing perfectly. Very smooth shifts, no noise, etc. But will definitely go OE for longetivity. Do you know how much the stealership sells them for?
Appreciate 0