ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

i had my front bumper resprayed about three months ago due to a clearcoat peeling issue i was having. the dealership i purchased my cpo from honored my claim against warranty, and offered compensation for me to have it done locally (i'm based 350 miles away from that dealership). i got $400 compensation for a $600 job that included removal + remounting + respraying + color matching all four reflectors. price was maybe a tad expensive, but body shop came highly recommended and i can go back for free touchups anytime. i've also got 2 years/24,000 mile guarantee on the finish.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #24
dkkim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

I had my rear bumber on E90 325i repainted at Metropolitan in Houton when I got keyed. (http://www.metropolitancollision.com/
).
They are specialized on MB and BMW.
My SA at advantage BMW recommended them.
They did perfect color match and gave a life time warranty.

Last edited by dkkim; 11-09-2010 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
herragge
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Sorry to revive this one from the dead but I was quoted $1300 just today for a respray of the bumper. I thought it was outrageous and I need to find something more reasonable judging by what the responses are on this thread.

Is the best situation to color match the car with the paint using the body shops paint? Has anyone ever used BMW certified paint or can you even do this? I was told shelf life of water based paints isn't very long.

Thanks in advance for any insight guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #26
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by herragge View Post
Sorry to revive this one from the dead but I was quoted $1300 just today for a respray of the bumper. I thought it was outrageous and I need to find something more reasonable judging by what the responses are on this thread.

Is the best situation to color match the car with the paint using the body shops paint? Has anyone ever used BMW certified paint or can you even do this? I was told shelf life of water based paints isn't very long.

Thanks in advance for any insight guys.
1,300 for a respray? That is outrageous. I would say around 5-600 tops. They must be trying to rape you because of the BMW badge....
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #27
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

If you're in Boston... go to Sansossio Auto Body in Natick. Phil Jr does great work and is very reasonable with pricing. I doubt he'd charge you over $500 and would probably be closer to $300.
      07-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #28
herragge
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer View Post
If you're in Boston... go to Sansossio Auto Body in Natick. Phil Jr does great work and is very reasonable with pricing. I doubt he'd charge you over $500 and would probably be closer to $300.
Thanks for the tip! Wish I had the coupe in Beantown now but back for the summer from school.

I'll keep looking just wanting to make sure I wasn't a lunatic for thinking $1300 was steep.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
mpower1226
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

Let me chime in as I do have quite a bit of experience in autobody sector.
Good body shop with solid reputation(with extensive experience working with european premium brands) quote for front bumper re-spray(no ripped out portion, no repair, just straight re-spray with rock chips or scuffs fixed) should go from $400.00 to 450.00 That includes, Good base coat and Good clear coat(remember, clear coat price varies by the brands. I am talking about medium to high grade clears) with removal of bumper.

now there are other shops that only deals with exotics which would go further to polish after the paint has been painted and baked to level the clears to maximize the clearity.
They would usually charge about $600 to 800.00

$1200.00 for respray of front bumper, they better be using super expensive materials as well as prep done by master prepman, painted by master painter followed by exotic detailers.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226 View Post
Let me chime in as I do have quite a bit of experience in autobody sector.
Good body shop with solid reputation(with extensive experience working with european premium brands) quote for front bumper re-spray(no ripped out portion, no repair, just straight re-spray with rock chips or scuffs fixed) should go from $400.00 to 450.00 That includes, Good base coat and Good clear coat(remember, clear coat price varies by the brands. I am talking about medium to high grade clears) with removal of bumper.

now there are other shops that only deals with exotics which would go further to polish after the paint has been painted and baked to level the clears to maximize the clearity.
They would usually charge about $600 to 800.00

$1200.00 for respray of front bumper, they better be using super expensive materials as well as prep done by master prepman, painted by master painter followed by exotic detailers.
Any good recommendations in Toronto?
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
mpower1226
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Any good recommendations in Toronto?
There are number of bodyshops with good overall reputations, good balanced ground between the cost and the workmanship would be Lexury Autobody in Etobicoke, owned by Rich.

Not as exotic as European autobody, but pricing is not extoic either and workmanship is top quality. In fact he did paint my front bumper as I no longer run bodyshop anymore.

If you want you can use my business account with them to get some discounted shop rate, I dont mind coming along to talk to him as his shop is 5 min away from me anyway.

I did get the bumper painted and got it wrapped up couple days later. Best decision in terms of rock chips and etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #32
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

^thanks
I won't be doing anything right away.
I'll wait until the car is away for winter to get a few things done.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #33
Sergio
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i x-drive 2009

Montreal Laval Blainville St Jerome

Looking for good painter to redo my front bumper on Z4M coupe

Anyone have good references in Montreal and/or North Shore?

Thanks
S
Appreciate 0