ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-21-2023, 05:28 PM   #1
berdy_wooster
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si - FOR SALE

Feeler: 2006 3.0si Roadster, 71k Miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 15,000.00

Item Interest
Hi all, a few weeks ago I picked up a beautiful 2006 3.0si from California and drove it back home to Seattle. After spending a few weeks with the car, I love it but it just doesn't fit me as well as I'd hoped. I'm a taller guy and the M Sport seats are wonderful but they dont fit my hips, also I have trouble with visibility.

I am not in a rush to sell the car, but I am interested to see if there is a party out there that this car might fit better.

I am asking basically the same price I bought the car for (link to auction below, plus auction fees).

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rMz...-30si-roadster

I took the car to Stews last week and took off all the wheels and undertrays to see whats what, It needs new bumpstops, and the struts could be replaced soon. All the bushings seem to be in good order, the lollipops have been replaced. No leaks from VCG, oil pan, oil filter housing, etc. Extremely dry. Brakes are good, interior wise the plastic part on the soft top that meets with the windshield cracked and has a few zipties holding it on and there is a crack in a plastic part behind the drivers seat. Exterior, just some rock chips on the front bumper and hood. Please see link to the auction for pictures. I have since detailed the cars exterior and interior, as well as the engine bay (carefully). The car was sold in Seattle in 2007 but the first owner only had it for ~5k miles/1 year. It was sold to the 2nd owner who lived in California. He owned it up until 2021 and put on the majority of the miles. The third owner bought it a year ago and did some maintenance items as well as light modifications listed in the auction post. I believe it went up for auction to secure funds for a Z4MR.

Last edited by berdy_wooster; 08-22-2023 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Adding history of ownership, as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #2
berdy_wooster
Rep

I would be happy to send pictures if requested, unfortunately I didn't take any photos at Stew's.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 09:04 PM   #3
spiceyxi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '06 Z4C & '13 135i

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 09:18 PM   #4
jwolf
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport MT N-55 / Z4 3.0i

The M-sport seats in the e85 can have issues with the seat bottoms sagging. If yours dips much when you sit in it, your hips will be cramped. When I bought mine, I saw the issue right away and it blew the seller's mind. The seats were an issue for him. They can be fixed.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #5
berdy_wooster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
The M-sport seats in the e85 can have issues with the seat bottoms sagging. If yours dips much when you sit in it, your hips will be cramped. When I bought mine, I saw the issue right away and it blew the seller's mind. The seats were an issue for him. They can be fixed.
I will look into this. I test drove a 3.0si in Seattle, but it did not have the M Sport seats. For some reason I was able to fit better. In my car, my knee hits the steering column cover when moving from accelerator to brake. I cant find a seating position that is comfortable for my legs that also works for the rest of my body Also, the visibility out of the car is not conducive to city driving.

I do like the car quite a bit. I am a bit disappointed in the quality of interior materials they used, my car doesn't have the extended leather option and the door cards are frankly unacceptable. The dash board is the same material and really cheapens the car quite a bit. The drivetrain is amazing, I love the engine and transmission, my friend has a 128i M Sport 6 Speed and the shifting feels extremely numb, I think the Z4 does a great job in having good feel while damping out the vibrations. The suspension is also a bit disheartening, I am hoping new dampers would fix the ride but its quite harsh for what the car is. I came from a well set up road/track specced NB Miata, the car rode much better without being harsh.

I had a great conversation with a forum member on a phone call yesterday and we discussed the car at length, after thinking about what my use case is for the car and what I want from a "fun car", I think there is a better fit for me out there is something other than a Z4. I do not at all think the Z4 is a "bad car" by any stretch, it just isn't the right car for me.
Appreciate 0