ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
DR Z4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Roadster

M Badge Placement

Hi all:

I have a big favor to ask. I am receiving my M roadster next week, and two of the badges had been stolen from the car while it sat on the lot. This is the explanation that the dealer has given me. I worked in car dealerships to pay for university, and I got pretty good at spotting a repaint, so if this turns out to be related to a respray that the dealer is trying to cover up, the dealer and I are going to have some words.

My salesguy was pretty straight-up with me throughout the process so
I tend to trust him (yes I bought this car sight unseen, something I NEVER thought I would do, but it's got very low miles, and is a Certified Series car, still under original factory warranty too).

Anyway, I asked them to put the new emblems in the glove box rather than having one of the clean-up crew attach them, just in case they were put on it the wrong spot, which they were on the first attempt at replacement.

I know this is asking a lot, but can someone whose emblems are in the original factory location take a measurement for me, to see exactly where they should be attached, relative to the roundel on the side, and the keyhole on the trunk?

I would greatly appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Here you go
Attached Images

03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Wait...what..People steal M badges in your area? Unbelievable!

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
DR Z4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Roadster

Wow! I have to say, this forum may not have as much traffic as, say M3post, but the quality and depth of knowledge of the members never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks a lot crfine88!

@ esqu1re: Not MY area! In Calgary is where they were stolen. In Toronto, we all leave our homes unlocked and the keys in our ignitions when we park
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Z4 View Post
Wow! I have to say, this forum may not have as much traffic as, say M3post, but the quality and depth of knowledge of the members never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks a lot crfine88!

@ esqu1re: Not MY area! In Calgary is where they were stolen. In Toronto, we all leave our homes unlocked and the keys in our ignitions when we park
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:

Thanks a lot crfine88!

What is your address? Instead of driving my Z4 across country...I'll just stop by and 'borrow' yours while I visit my niece this summer!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
BruceJ
6 of Diamonds (ret)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Quote:

Thanks a lot crfine88!

We only leave the keys in the Gas trucks and the cars in the gas yard down here, lol, talk about needing to have a little trust......

Sorry about your troubles
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Nicely done to crfine88!

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:

Thanks a lot crfine88!
no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclem05 View Post
Nicely done to crfine88!

03-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
Quickid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC, 06 X5 4.4i, 99 323i

I'll save this one for future use. Maybe I should move to Toronto

Thanks crfine88
      03-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
STIHLBOLTS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2020 Z4 M4.0i  [5.00]
It could have been worse, they could have put on some Honda S2000 emblems in place of the M for you and then were would you have been.

But I digress, you do realized that there are many M coupes and roadsters that removed the M badge as part of a mod. You got two off already, take the back one off and go skinny. Anyone that knows M'z's will know what you got, and if they don't, well those folks would not appreciate the difference anyway until you put it gear and leave them looking at your rear.

Best regards

2013 335is E93
2018 X5 35d
BMWCCA / ZSCCA Member
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

Having debadged my sides, I can say that having them stolen on the lot is BS. They don't come off easy, even after you heat them up.

My money is on the orig owner debadged it and they are making up the story once you pointing it out to them.

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0