ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #23
PatJags156
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughett View Post
Sorry, but I had one on my prior Z4 and if you are tall and have your seat settings relatively low, it does interfere with shifting. If you notice, most people that have responded to this chain that do not like it make reference to being tall. Sure, it can be done but your elbow is at an awkward angle to do it. I liked the ability to rest your arm on long trips but around town and most other times, I'm glad I don't have it on the M.
Interesting. I am 6'4, so you think this would be a problem for me?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
tommiegun57
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Stratus Gray z4 i 07

I find it has the added benifit of keeping me seated upright in the seat. Without it I tend to lean slightly to the right because I rest my left elbow on the arm rest. On longer drives my back feels better.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJags156 View Post
I'm not saying you couldn't get used to it and find it acceptable. However, for me, I canot make a natural motion from my low seating positon without interference from the armrest. BTW, I'm "only" 6'1".

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #26
Nhopkins1394
Accountant, 1st Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roadster, Black

Quote:
The LeatherZ console armrest is a lot higher (2" - 3" inches?) than the other one.
Is you 3.0si manual or automatic?

I could see where the higher console could interfere or at least be uncomfortable during the manual shifting process, especially if your seat is fully lowered.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #27
PatJags156
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhopkins1394 View Post
The LeatherZ console armrest is a lot higher (2" - 3" inches?) than the other one.
Is you 3.0si manual or automatic?

I could see where the higher console could interfere or at least be uncomfortable during the manual shifting process, especially if your seat is fully lowered.
I have a manual. I keep my seat as low as possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #28
jrich4411
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 ///M black on black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
i had mine but quickly sold it since it put my arm too high up after switching to the zhp knob. for the stock knob that sits high, this would be fine. only other reason i sold it was i realized i didn't want anything in my car that was attached via 3m double sided tape. i don't even use that on my windshield for my ez pass lol.
I purchased Dubbdown's and I love it! As others have said it levels out my arms. I use my ///M as my DD so I spend most of my driving time in "non-spirited" use, so this was a great addition. I have my original shifter so the low height is not an issue, and the oddments tray door works just fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #29
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I have both

I have the door pads and m4 rest. I'm 6'2" and have the ZHP knob, no problem at all shifting, I shift just using my wrist. My arms sit evenly left to right and is so much more comfortable, especially for long rides. It feels much more natural now. It's all personal preference, so there are plenty of conflicting replies. I would not be without mine, my back feels much better since both my arms are even now and not lopsided.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #30
PatJags156
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It's mixed reviews but the consensus is that it's a good purchase. Besides, worse come to worse, i can always return it. Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #31
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
I have this in my car as well. I like the fact that there is some storage for the garage door opener as well as for the gate that gets me into my development and sunglasses. The pad is nice and it really has an OEM feel and look to it. If your purchasing, I would at least wait for the temps to be above 50 for putting it on as I would think the double sided tape would seal better then. I put mine on in August and it has not moved even the slightest since then. It does not get in my way shifting or when opening the console glove box between the seats. I do have the stock shifter, though.

When putting it on, just make sure you can still open the little plastic door behind it and you can put the eBrake on all the way. It does fit fine, just need to take the time and mark where it goes before pulling off the tape backing.

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #32
PatJags156
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch View Post
I have this in my car as well. I like the fact that there is some storage for the garage door opener as well as for the gate that gets me into my development and sunglasses. The pad is nice and it really has an OEM feel and look to it. If your purchasing, I would at least wait for the temps to be above 50 for putting it on as I would think the double sided tape would seal better then. I put mine on in August and it has not moved even the slightest since then. It does not get in my way shifting or when opening the console glove box between the seats. I do have the stock shifter, though.

When putting it on, just make sure you can still open the little plastic door behind it and you can put the eBrake on all the way. It does fit fine, just need to take the time and mark where it goes before pulling off the tape backing.
The little plastic door? Where the SOS button is?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #33
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
Quote:
The little plastic door? Where the SOS button is?
yes. That door can easily be covered if your not paying attention when taping this down.

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #34
PatJags156
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I never use it and will probably cover it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 11:34 AM   #35
Roccof13
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Want to buy Mark4 armrest in tan/beige

Does anyone have a Mark4 armrest in tan/beige that they're willing to sell? I just heard from the manufacturer that he isn't going to make any more.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 03:38 PM   #36
GyroF-16
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
I saw the Roadster Solutions one, I liked it but it only comes in black. WTF?!
Here it is below:

Attachment 483912
I’ve had the Roadster Solutions armrest/pad in my M Coupe for 10 years now.
I’ve been pleased. It feels like my left elbow is close to the same height as my right - and it doesn’t take up much room.
Appreciate 0