ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-11-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
se4y
Private
China
Rep
Drives: z4 e85

Make you e85 back to 18 years old

Before: 1.The acceleration of starting was weak for 3 years. 2.A subtle stutter was noticeable while reverse parking. I put cleaning agent into every cylinder from spark plug mouth and then use air pump to clean it two week ago. Now my e85 is back to 18 again. It feels so good that It make me lost all interest in e89.

Step1:Hot engine after high speed driving for a period of time and then unscrew 6 spark plugs.
Step2:The cleaning agent is divided into six servings poured into six cylinder respectively from the spark plug hole in the engine.

Step3:Waiting 15 mins.
Step4:Use pump pressure booster gun to blow compressed air into cylinder room from the spark plug mounting hole covered with a cotton cloth. You'd better blow as more direction as possible. The cloth is prevent the cleaning agent come out.

Step5:Use pump pressure booster gun to blow cylinder room directly without cloth cover. Make sure there are no cleaning agent in it.
Step6:Start the car without spark plugs for 3 times. Each time last 3-4 second.(It is very importand!)
Step7:Install the spark plugs and starting the car. Idle the engine for 3 minutes and then keep 3000 RPM for 3 minutes until there is no peculiar smell come out from the exhaust pipe.

Be careful to not pour the cleaning agent on to the hot engine surface to avoid fire.
      09-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
BUT...my car is only 8 years old, why would I want to skip 10 years of enjoyment by jumping straight to 18???

In all seriousness, glad you found an inexpensive way to solve your issue.
Appreciate 0