ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
msh441
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Looking for some parts help from UK or Europe

So I've got a bit of a predicament, and I'm praying I can find someone who's willing to help me out.

I am in the middle of retrofitting power/memory/heated seats to my 2007 Z4M Coupe. I have the seats. I have the OEM switch panel. I'm lacking the section I wiring harness that connects the seats, to the switch panel, and then power.

BMW Part #61116902941

USA dealerships don't recognize the part number and don't have anything comparable. Canadian dealerships know what it is/can see it in their system as a section of wiring harness, but can't order it in to North America for some reason. I have yet to find a UK/European dealer that will ship the part to the USA.

So I'm looking for some kindness from a stranger to buy the part for me in the UK or Europe, and ship it to me in the USA (Washington State postal code 98274).

I'm willing to pay for the part/shipping up front... and throw in enought for a few pints for the hassle. If anyone is willing to lend a hand, please PM me. I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Mike H
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

Apparently you found a way to look up European part numbers, but in case anyone else is interested, here is a site that will allow you to look up any BMW Euro spec part:

http://www.online-teile.com/bmw/

This vendor may or may not accept an order, and even if they do, shipping will be very expensive and you may be dinged for customs.

I have worked with these people to obtain some really difficult Euro parts. They sell them at list without the outrageous shipping charges. They are U.S. based and sell other European brand parts:

http://euroactiveparts.com/OEM_BMW_accessories.php
      04-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
msh441
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
It took some doing... but I think I found a dealer who will send me the wiring loom from the UK. Prince on the part was 22-puonds and shipping is going to be another 10... so roughly $50 US for OEM wiring gauges, colors and connectors. That's worth it to me, IMO to have a full-on OEM install.

I just copied all the E86 wiring diagrams and other seat heat documetation from bmw-planet.com.

Things are looking up!

Thanks for the pointer on parts. It's sincerely appreciated. Keep your fingers crossed for me that all falls into place.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 04:40 AM   #4
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Glad u got it sorted, unlike some criminals there in the uk. I got a b pillar cover from there and the scumbag had a nerve to charge me 30uk for shipping to holland. Bloody crooks.. And they shipped us off to Oz. Go figure.
Appreciate 0