ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #23
Hedward
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Roadster

I recently purchased the CTEK 7002 along with a new AGM battery. Bought the CTEK panel indicator and installed in into the battery cover box. love it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #24
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
That looks good, Hedward. Nice clean install.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #25
Hedward
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Roadster

Thanks. I like the green, yellow and red flashing led's letting me know the battery charge status when not plugged in.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hedward; 09-16-2017 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
SaltyNC369.50
      10-05-2017, 09:36 PM   #26
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

These are what I use...

https://www.batterysaver.com/

Was a big fan of Deltran (Battery Tender) until they moved production to China.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #27
HTM101
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

[QUOTE=3798j; 22071282]It's not difficult to hardwire a battery maintainer to the Z4. Underneath the positive jump terminal there's a threaded stud to attach the positive lead. On the firewall there's a threaded ground stud. These photos should help to visualize what I described. I have it so the connection is just to the right of the driver's windshield wiper arm...pull the car in, get out, plug in the maintainer...done.

3798j,
Just want to give you credit for a nicely thought out project. After reading this dated thread, I decided to relocate my existing trunk-mounted connection and duplicate your efforts. I did it yesterday and its much more user friendly than my former setup.

I originally connected my NOCO Genius 4 to the battery and had to raise the hatch of my Coupe each time for connect or dis-connect. Typically that's not a big deal, however my car is parked beneath a 4-post lift. When I raised the hatch I had to hold it so it didn't raise high enough to hit the frame of the lift. And yes, that did happen once, and I had to visit the local Dent Doctor to remove the blemish.

Anyway.....thanks again.
David
Appreciate 1
3798j11316.00