ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #23
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpapa View Post
ill be honest, i love my Z4 and stuff but it feels kinda awkward when someone is trying to blatantly get your attention to give a nod or say nice car just because you're both driving a Z4 lol. i dont know, i feel like the people who do that (atleast around here) are such dorks lol
I think the OP's point was about the M's which are very very rare. I see Z4's around here which is where you are from as well often but not many M's. I think I deserve to go bananas if I ever see one
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #24
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakib View Post
I think the OP's point was about the M's which are very very rare. I see Z4's around here which is where you are from as well often but not many M's. I think I deserve to go bananas if I ever see one
that's exactly what I'm saying. Thank you. I see lots of z4s rollin around town and I still wave but this was the first ///M I've seen in person other tham mine and blind32's. If it was an m3 and i had an m3 it wouldnt be nearly as exciting as theyre everywhere nowadays, for example
      09-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #25
fatmatt0116
Hooligan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

saw an aw m coupe with a painted white ac schnitzer rear end kit in Laguna this week....guy waved... that schnitzer piece is cool but looks like it gets dirty

2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2011 X5 5.0 Dinan - SOLD
2007 Imola Red Z4 M Coupe -SOLD
2004 Navy Blue BMW 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #26
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpapa View Post
ill be honest, i love my Z4 and stuff but it feels kinda awkward when someone is trying to blatantly get your attention to give a nod or say nice car just because you're both driving a Z4 lol. i dont know, i feel like the people who do that (atleast around here) are such dorks lol
You do have a good point. I'm definitely an enthusiast, but not the type that would wave and go nuts just because someone is driving something that's considered "rare".

To the OP...have you ever considered that some people just don't like the attention? I love driving the M and everything about it, but just don't want the spotlight on me all the time.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #27
45ACP
Long Live the 1911
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hooptie

Garage List
I'll return a wave or a thumbs up, but have never initiated. I recall one Z4MR with the same Interlagos Blue color chasing me down on the highway, pulling up on my left to wave like crazy, and then zoomed ahead while looking back with a huge smile on his face.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #28
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
I'll return a wave or a thumbs up, but have never initiated. I recall one Z4MR with the same Interlagos Blue color chasing me down on the highway, pulling up on my left to wave like crazy, and then zoomed ahead while looking back with a huge smile on his face.
Me too...I would definite return a wave or a thumbs up, but will never initiate it or hunt someone down just to get their attention.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #29
Alpha Bravo
Rep
Drives: 2006 2.5si Roadster

I was driving behind a Z for a while, as I stopped behind it she took of her top (of the car), pulled away got next to her, waved to the Brunette said "nice car!" she flashed a smile "nice car too!", as I put my foot down to pass, she puts her foot down, I slow down in a 'ladies first' sort of manner, she slowes down hmmmmm a couple of flashed smiles later I realise I better get back home to my wife this is getting way to friendly, so I turned off at the next ramp. I'll never forget the moment se took of her top!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #30
Eccentric
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Ever have someone literally laugh AT you? I was driving through town with my car and saw a gray Ferrari California with carbon ceramic brakes, so I pulled up to the guy, and told him that I liked the color he chose. The 40-something guy just looked at me and laughed in my face. I should have let him know that the Cali was made by Ferrari to target women..
      09-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #31
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
In Arizona, I would always see this one IB Z4MC... what a showoff, always with a new mod and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Yeah, I heard about that guy too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post

I haven't been to Arizona...

nah, j/k. I know who we're talking about

Wow, I have an IB Z4MC too.
Do guys kown if this other IB Z4MC is close to the phoenix area. It would be cool to meet up. I have a couple of mods too; it would be cool to meet up and compare notes.

...wait a minute

09-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #32
ga41
Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
I never get even a glance from other Z4 drivers on the road.. No Coupes or M's in my town at all too.

I once encountered a nice red Lotus Esprit on the road, pulled next to him and since both our windows were down i said it was a very nice car, he looks at me a bit and then says "Yeah..." and drives off. Gee, thanks buddy. Very few owners of exotic or sports cars here are real enthusiasts. Most are just for show and drive around with a distinct air of superiority. Sadly i find myself doing the same now at other nice cars because i dont want to feed their smugness, which come to think of it makes me look like an idiot as well. It's a vicious circle!
      09-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #33
mattdesign
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

I think everyone has their own way to interact with others. We'd like to think that driving the same brand/model of cars naturally brings us closer, but that may not be the comfort level of many people.

I have yet to see an M Coupe on the road other than my own, but when I saw an M6 on the highway next to me, I gave him a nod, and he did the same. It felt sufficient to me.
      09-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #34
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdesign View Post
I think everyone has their own way to interact with others. We'd like to think that driving the same brand/model of cars naturally brings us closer, but that may not be the comfort level of many people.

I have yet to see an M Coupe on the road other than my own, but when I saw an M6 on the highway next to me, I gave him a nod, and he did the same. It felt sufficient to me.
I did this with an M5. He waved back and then blew past me, weaving in and out of traffic.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #35
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

While I understand not EVERYONE is an enthusiast about these cars, I only chased him down to find out if he was too. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdesign View Post

^ Even a head nod would've sufficed. But he had a very smug look to him like who the F%^* are you I'm better than you...type of thing. Just put me off.

I should've known that this guy didn't really care by the way his car looked, but I was still a little excited to see another ///M. His front fender was hanging off next to his light/bumper flapping like it was laughing at me as I drove off. The car was REALLY dirty. Like he'd been following a salt truck for miles. That didn't (and doesnt') matter to me. Don't think I'm trying to talk bad about this guy. JUst hindsight 20/20.

***Also understand that I wasn't going crazy. Maybe chasing him down was crazy, but when I got next to him, I just rolled down my window and said what's up, nice car....
      09-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #36
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
Ever have someone literally laugh AT you? I was driving through town with my car and saw a gray Ferrari California with carbon ceramic brakes, so I pulled up to the guy, and told him that I liked the color he chose. The 40-something guy just looked at me and laughed in my face. I should have let him know that the Cali was made by Ferrari to target women..
Yeah. a couple weeks ago. This kid has a 350Z on base...ALLLLLL riced out. This thing looks ridiculous. I've been meaning to take a picture of it for record. We happened to stop at the light to get off base next to each other and I looked ove and he's smiling. He said nice car, I said you too. Then just laughed and burned out while we were sitting there. Security Forces (AF cops) walked up to him and told him to pull over when he got the chance...then *I* laughed.
      09-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #37
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 M coupe

it's kinda scary when people follow you to a parking lot and ask you stuff about your car... I personally don't like it... of course we care about the car we drive and we like to show off a bit... but honestly, you get a sports car... you expect people not to notice your car?

I think the bmw is a mid class sports car... it's fun, not too pricy and it fulfills your urge when you wanna burn some rubber..

been in a few ferrarris, and those are annoying when you're in it.. people stare.... don't like that at all.

also depends on the areas you drive around

last 2 times I met a fellow z4 m coupe owner, we honked and drove nice and slow and went our separate ways, was nice and friendly.

Lotus's are not my cup of tea, sorry Are they exotics? hahaha...

H&R Coilovers, BBS LM-R 19's, K&N Drop Filter.
SS step headers, race cats, x pipe, sport mufflers
Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #38
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 M coupe

most ferarris don't see the track. they lease them and return them after haha.... never understood those fugly bently's either.. the white coupe? damn fugly... rich is rich, please have some taste. You need a driver if you have a bently...

been to a meet with some fellow m coupe owners in Toronto in woodbridge... they had some exotics there.... I heard some of the owners of the OLD fers and lotus etc.. making some sarcastic arrogant comments... i just laughed in my mind.... most really loaded people I meet are quite humble and don't comment.... I'm sure real enthusists with real exotics wouldn't bring their cars out to lower end car meets that us BMW's have...

And the 350z's they're nice in Japan... the real deal... Fast and Furious really messed up the real Japanese style.

H&R Coilovers, BBS LM-R 19's, K&N Drop Filter.
SS step headers, race cats, x pipe, sport mufflers
Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #39
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitbrownMcoupe View Post
most ferarris don't see the track. they lease them and return them after haha.... never understood those fugly bently's either.. the white coupe? damn fugly... rich is rich, please have some taste. You need a driver if you have a bently...

been to a meet with some fellow m coupe owners in Toronto in woodbridge... they had some exotics there.... I heard some of the owners of the OLD fers and lotus etc.. making some sarcastic arrogant comments... i just laughed in my mind.... most really loaded people I meet are quite humble and don't comment.... I'm sure real enthusists with real exotics wouldn't bring their cars out to lower end car meets that us BMW's have...

And the 350z's they're nice in Japan... the real deal... Fast and Furious really messed up the real Japanese style.
totally agreed about the F&F messing things up...When I was stationed on Okinawa the locals had soem REALLY nice rides. most went with a S14/S15 silvia and were done really intricately. Then you see the Americans and their huge wings and ridiculous body kits and annoyingly loud blow-offs...
      09-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #40
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Happened to me the other day....a brand new red Z4 is next to me....both of us are top down....I'm looking over to connect w/the lad....wouldn't look - no response.
      09-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #41
45ACP
Long Live the 1911
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hooptie

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Happened to me the other day....a brand new red Z4 is next to me....both of us are top down....I'm looking over to connect w/the lad....wouldn't look - no response.
Maybe he was intimidated by your mods and felt inadequate in comparison?

I think some drivers don't look over because they think the other person wants to initiate a race and want no part of it. Sometimes I get STIs or Evos line up with me at a stoplight and look over -- and start revving their engines when I don't take their bait.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #42
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

^ I think that's a big part of stop light encounters.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #43
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

i'm happy to be part of a small border town that has amazingly friendly people, especially the professional business ones i've had the pleasure of having my vehicle looked over by. on base though, it's quite the different story, with lots of sports car owners who don't even bat an eye ur way. there've been a couple of times at the manual car wash where i've gone over to compliment the owners of a camaro ss and pontiac gto, and both simply chose to ignore me by mumbling some reply and turning their backs away.

i tend to think bmw owners also inherit some form of negative impression built up over many, many years. perhaps there isn't quite the 'universally respected' car manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #44
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
^ I have yet to see an E89 in Toronto & there are a LOT of Bimmers here.
Anyone heard how they are selling? (not my CoT, just curious)
I saw two last week Ian - that was at the Golf Course however....
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0