ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

Yesterday, 09:04 AM   #1
spielnicht
Petrolhead
Rep
Drives: 24 X3 M40i/14 550i/08 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
Unwarranted Aggression on the Road

Ok, I swear I'm not being paranoid, even though my wife will still disagree with me on this. However, every time I drive my Z4, I encounter much more aggressive drivers on the road that appear to be purposely cutting me off and jumping in front of me without proper signaling or especially safe distance. It's like they see a smaller car and automatically - and stupidly - feel the necessity to be reckless and aggressive.

I swear I rarely have to worry about this when driving my 550i or my wife's X3. The irony is that I'm on the chillest setting when driving my Z4, vs how I am in my 550i.

I'm considering a dash cam for the first time ever (yes, it's that bad). Just curious if anyone else has observed similar behaviors.
2008 Z4 3.0si 6MT
2011 Z4 35si (sold)
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #2
B328iC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 97 328iC, 2003 Z4

Low slung cars are like motorcycles. Not often noticed. YOU have to be a bit more diligent in recognizing stupid and avoiding it.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:50 AM   #3
zoomnad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4si "M" suspension

With 56 years and over 350K riding motorcycles (mostly BMWs), I am so used to this that it doesn't faze me! Having always driven small cars, Vegas GT, Corvettes, Miata, and now my Z4, yep, you have to drive like you are invisible! The problem is ours; they just don't see us! Cell phones amplified that greatly! I do not know this for a fact, it seems everybody drives a damn minivan or SUV (SAV BMW) or a truck! In my Z4, I'm no higher than the wheel of a SUV! Like B328iC, said, "Be diligent in recognizing stupid and avoiding it."
      Today, 10:40 AM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Back when I was a kid on a motorcycle my motto was to assume that you are invisible and if by chance the car driver can see you, it’s that much easier for them to aim to hit you.

These days in the Z I find tailgating by large SUVs and pick up trucks to be the scariest. That really bugs me. And I think it’s a 100% intentional tactic.
Appreciate 1
Watson0.00