ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #23
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

For roadside assistance, I've settled in as a AAA-Plus customer for many years now. The key hook for me is the 100 mile to to the location of my choice. Now while I happily haven't broke even on the cost, it has been awfully nice to know it's there and for the 5 or so times that I've used it (like when I haven't been able to suss out a fatal problem in my own garage) it's been great to have no hassles when I need the car towed the the indy garage of my choice.

I wonder what "easy to change parts" BMW roadside assistance would keep on their truck?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #24
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Yup I have the oddiments tray. Lol. Any specific details on where the gsm module unit may be hiding?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #25
jpwbrown
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 coupe

My car died because of defective new battery a couple of months ago, SOS button didn't work. I pay the yearly $199., been meaning to look into this.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 08:18 AM   #26
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I travel a lot and convinced my company to pay for AAA for me and others doing the same. We get $5-10 off every hotel room so they quickly come out ahead and it ends up costing me nothing. I add wife to my plan and total cost to us is about $36 a year.

AAA will also work in any car I am in (including friends cars, borrowed, etc.), will tow me where I want to go and costs a lot less than this. Also comes with other benefits.

Not sure why anyone would pay this much and only have it to help them in this car.
      01-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #27
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
I wonder what "easy to change parts" BMW roadside assistance would keep on their truck?
Small bills, so that any $100 bills within the Z4 (read driver's wallet) can be "easily changed" down to size in exchange for some 10W60.

The tow to any location is great, I've had previous cars towed to dealerships and indy shops any number of times. In each case, I might have been able to drive safely, but there would have been some definite risk to the car. Have the free tow option always available makes it easy to make the right choice.

Even a single flatbed tow in the middle of the night or on a sunday is going to run your a few hundred dollars, making up for a few years of AAA premiums. And they have the discounts, free maps and travel planning, etc., but I'm guessing very few people take advantage of that stuff.
Appreciate 0