ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #67
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
New set-up rocks!
Dunlops Direzzas are great.

Playing with the Infra red gun to check temps was great at the beginning. It helped to adjust the tire pressures, then it became a toy.

Top speed in the back stretch was 210 km/h. Times were 2:02-2:03 (fastest) and 2:05-2:09 when hindered by traffic.

Used the tire marker to see where the wear would go too.

I really looked like I knew what I was doing.

So tire pressure at start (cold) was 30PSI and 31PSI. and when they were hot they were at 41PSI... I noticed a little too much wear on the outside of the front tires, so I added 1.5 PSI more in the fronts.

Tracking with many Vipers, 911 (all types) and many other Lotus. Great day. Next one coming up on the 7th of June at the same track.

Now I need to learn how to edit the files from the GoPro.
Great! Sounds like a blast. So, next time will you start @31.5 PSI front and 30 rear? Remind me, but I think you're running "stock alignment" or "stock alignment with pins pulled" (e.g. around 1.0 to -1.5) on the front in terms of camber, right?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 04:56 AM   #68
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

I will probably go with 31.5 all around. It's stock alignment only right now.

I use easily 30-50% less braking area than most of the cars I was following. I was nervous early on since I couldn't understand why my spot where I hit the brakes was way deeper than the others. Scary at first since you always need to drive your lap and not the lap of the car in front of you.

I know my brakes have better stopping power than most cars out there. So this event, I really worked on braking harder and later, giving me longer areas of acceleration.
I used to get out of Bridge turn in 3rd gear and hold it till Namerow... 7500 RPM... But yesterday I was shifting to 4th gear a little after Bridge. I was hitting the Rev limiter sooner. I got out of Bridge turn faster than on previous events.

From the laps I videotaped, my best were 2.02 and 2.03... most were in the 2.05 to 2.08... but that is when I hit traffic.

Top speed was 210 km/h in the back straight.

I also realized that I move way too much in my seat. Maybe it's time for a CG Lock mechanism... or a full 5 point restraint system and racing seats. Or lose weight.
Appreciate 0